The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service

5 posters

Go down

Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service Empty Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service

Post by logical-cents Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:05 am

Had an appointment with my psychiatrist today and she has been in conversation with my GP and I we are now on the way to handing all my medications and that over to GP to deal with, I'll keep my nurse for now but sounds like that's only for a few months. I dunno what to think, I do hope that I'll be able to continue on with things how they've been, but I know that things won't be checked up on as much because I can't afford to go to my GP all the time. Gonna have to keep at myself to keep taking the lithium as well coz if I know I'm not being watched as carefully I have a habit of just stopping my meds. So will see how things go.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service Empty Re: Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service

Post by mumtothree Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:54 am

yay way to go lc that is great news cheers
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service Empty Re: Well looks like I'm on my way to being discharged from the service

Post by logical-cents Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:17 am

Yea I guess it is. We were aiming to get my meds down to just the lithium which we have achieved so now it's time to just maintain that. I just hope I can do it.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

logical-cents wrote:Yea I guess it is. We were aiming to get my meds down to just the lithium which we have achieved so now it's time to just maintain that. I just hope I can do it.
gidday LC.
You seem bright!
What got you into this situation? Cool

alfio

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi LC, i know the feeling of taking that step from service to GP. This happened for me late last year or early this year..anyway it does feel wobbly, but I have found after the wobbles and the 'fear' of leaving my support systems, you get stronger...

I think taking control is empowering, it does wonders for the soul.

Well done LC, you have always got a listening ear on here.

Poetry
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Well done LC!

I think being wobbly about it is really natural, but like Poetry says, taking the control and responsibility back could be really empowering. Good on you for getting to this point!

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi Logical

Its a bit like learning to swim I think. I left my wonderful caring psychiatrist and went back to the GP who was new to me and its a lot easier than I thought it would be, not so much navel gazing and more its not all about me.

Very liberating I find.

Love Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Thanks guys, I think it's coz I've been doing pretty well the last 4-5 months. I guess I'm just afraid coz in the past when I've been under GP care I just stop taking my meds when I think I feel all right, but I know that's dangerous to do and gonna have to try so hard to keep myself on them. D will probably help keep me on track though.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:36 am

logical-cents wrote:Thanks guys, I think it's coz I've been doing pretty well the last 4-5 months. I guess I'm just afraid coz in the past when I've been under GP care I just stop taking my meds when I think I feel all right, but I know that's dangerous to do and gonna have to try so hard to keep myself on them. D will probably help keep me on track though.

the way to continue your HEALTH programme is this:
1. Make a NOTICE and hang it in the toilet ..........'TAKE THE DRUG'

*When we are thinking that we are doing well...THATS the time to be aware we are going to SLIP-UP!*
Mind/ego is like that it is. Diligence is definately required at these moments.

This is when you re-Make the decorative NOTICE
and replace the other in the Toilet with a colourful rendition
..........'TAKE THE DRUG'

Failures are what give us the strength to transcend the lower-self.

We take what we need.
Hence, 'God helps those who help themselves'.

love

alfio

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down