The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A temporary, anonymous forum

+2
Paddy
jaffakiwi
6 posters

Go down

A temporary, anonymous forum Empty A temporary, anonymous forum

Post by jaffakiwi Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi guys,

With the drama that's unfolded here recently (sadly, I don't think it will just go away), I know many members are feeling uncomfortble posting, or commenting on the issue. Some people have commented that they need a place like this but no longer feel comfortable here. Some have even sent me private messages asking if I could start up my own forum.

I have put up a temporary message board where people have the option of posting anonymously. There we can discuss this issue, if you want to. At this stage I'm not saying "Let's ditch this joint" but I do want to provide a place where people can discuss the issue (and any other issues) without fear or prejudice. If people start posting there and it becomes apparent that it will be used, I can make it a perment forum with a proper domain etc.

Please pop over for a minute to see what I mean, and if you wish, you can leave your thoughts anonymously about what you'd like to see happen. I'm confident this drama will soon be behind us and we can get back to supporting each other, whatever happens.

The temporary address is: http://www.netwizard.co.nz/lifeboat

P.S. Paddy, I believe you set up TBBD because you were unhappy with certain elements of the TM Message Boards. Just as you are free to post about TBBD there, I hope you will leave this message up for others to see. Thanks.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

A temporary, anonymous forum Empty Re: A temporary, anonymous forum

Post by Paddy Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 pm

JK,

I think it’s a great idea and I’m pleased you’ve taken the initiative and started it. I’ve hinted at it often enough, so one way or another I guess I’m pleased I gave you the final impetus to start a site.

I wish you and everyone and anyone who uses your site, all the very best and JK, feel free to list your site addy in our Useful Contacts List if you’d like to.

I hope it lasts and prospers JK - don't just aim for temporary if it helps folk.

The more choice folk have, the gooda I reckon. I wish you the very best with it and have no issue with folk leaving here for there. It is all about choice.

Choice,

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm glad you are being good about this, but why won't you just put some effort into saying the magic words that many of your users are wanting so badly to hear?

You have the ability to do damange control but for some inexplicable reason you refuse to.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by alfio Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

gidday Paddy,
dont forget you have a Mens Group happening here,
in the DOG.

See to it, I'm getting lonely there all alone.

There appears to be Men visiting the Thread
but none leave a hint of a message or give me the massage
that you're getting here at the moment!

Idea

alfio

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed May 11, 2011 11:55 pm

JK I can't get into the site??

Comes up with 'Technical difficulties. This website should be back online soon.' or '500 internal error'. Couldn't get in it all day yesterday and still can't. Have tried both Firefox and IE.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 am

It has been attacked by malware. Glad to see everyone has come over here to post in the meantime. Quite like old times.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Thu May 12, 2011 5:38 am

The original request having been met, and the details posted here etc, this Thread is now Closed.

Admin.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down