The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRR

4 posters

Go down

GRR Empty GRR

Post by nzmum Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:37 am

i hate people sometimes! i so sick of a particular friends BS that i just want to screeeeeeeeeeeeem. sick of the poor me routine, the im so emotionally damaged, im in so much emotional pain, im so sad, im so scared, my partner doesnt care, blah blah blah BS! Join the rest of us honey!

how do you be friends with some one who does NOTHING but complain about their shitty situation and even more so how do you react when you know half of it is not even true

you try and encourage, you try give suggestions you try just being there for them, but for how long do you do this when it becomes obvious that all they want is sympathy and eveything you say hits a brick wall.

i once told this person after she said to me that most of her friends had left her because they couldnt get well around her, i told her, i wouldnt do the same and i never thought i would get even close to ditching a friend, ive never done it before and i dont actually want to start now but when it makes me this angry, and this pissed off... is it worth it, for me?

where i used to be sympathetic im now just rude and blunt in txts and conversations. i seem to have lost any compassion for anything she may or may not be going thru. Ive turned into a B****! i hate that!

how do i change myself if thats what i need to do? i know i cant do anything about her behaviour i can only control mine but this chick, she is bringing out the worst in me, any tips on controlling the tounge?

mabye i need to try going by the "if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all" saying. i have sorta tried that maybe i need to put in more of an effort.

for this to even be an issue in my life pisses me off cos..... i have my on BS to deal with. dont get me rong i like helping other people out and being there for my friends when they need, but im finding this one so freakin tuff!

sorry for the rant

uckkkkkkkkkkkkk

nzmum

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

GRR Empty Re: GRR

Post by jaffakiwi Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:11 am

I have lost literally hundreds of people in my life for being exactly like your friend.

It seems people are very good at over promising that they care at first and but then getting bored of you and walking away...

(I'm sorry this message is not helpful, I just relate to some of what you've said).

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:34 am

Knowing just who youre talking about (I think!), I think you are better off outta there. The person is toxic. You are a lovely caring person, but you need support and help too, and this person doesnt give you that, and actively tries to bring you down. You need to look after yourself. Then you can look after others. But not when looking after others detracts from your own wellness - and I have seen with my own eyes that she does!

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:58 pm

Well said Maisie i must say i agree
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down