The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auckland Motorways etc.

Go down

Auckland Motorways etc. Empty Auckland Motorways etc.

Post by Paddy Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 am

Bloody unfriendly places. And the signage. So rude. Abrupt, even.

'Wrong Way' In Red, no less!!!

Why not a more holistic message, something that really reaches out and touches people - why not have motorway signage that says something like ...

'Mate, You Have Other Choices - Think About This, Is This Really The Path You Wish To Take, Brother?"

Of course, there's a very real chance that before you'd finished reading the Holistic Message, you'd be dead from a head-on, but hey, you'd have died knowing that 'They Cared'.

Bloody Auckland motorways. Bah Humbug.

Oh, and I caused a wee traffic jam in Tokaroa today. Don't ask. The car went damn well, though. Woohoo!

Best of all though, I met Miss Monsta.

Meeting Miss Monsta more than makes up for the rudenes of Aucklands signage. It truely does. Thankfully, her coffee-making abilities do improve as one gets to know her. Shows a lot of grit, does our Miss Monsta, pffft.

On the down side, (I know I coulda worded that better, but I'm very tired, lol) I caught up with one of my big brothers and his lovely wife. The poor buggers dying of cancer. He's just had a book published, too and he gave me a signed and dedicated copy, which makes it even more special to me. Thanks, Richard. God Bless, mate.

And for Miss Monsta, a flower
I wish I could have delivered it in a Limo.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Auckland Motorways etc. Empty Re: Auckland Motorways etc.

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 2:24 am

Hi Paddy

Have you been back to Auckland...sorry the signs are just as rude as some of us...(present company excluded). Shocked

Back to top Go down