The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme.

+2
Martine
jaffakiwi
6 posters

Go down

Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme. Empty Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme.

Post by jaffakiwi Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 am

Some of you seemed quite interested in the chat when I mentioned starting this jogging programme. It's actually pretty good.
The idea is to start slowly so that anybody can do it, and slowly increase the tempo, getting you fit.

Week 1: Start with a 5 minute walk and then alternate between 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking 6 times.
Week 2: Start with a 5 minute walk and then alternate between 90 seconds jogging and 2 minutes walking 6 times.
etc.
etc.

In each week, you do the above exercise 3 times, with rest days in between.

The thing that makes it fun for me is these MP3s that you listen to while you're doing it. They have uptempo music (fast when you're running and slower when you're walking), as well as an encouraging voice that tells you when to run and when to walk. You can download them here: http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html (the site is a little confusing at first; scroll down to the bottom to find the mp3 for week one).

Anyway, the main site to learn more about it is www.c25k.com

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme. Empty Re: Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme.

Post by Martine Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:41 am

Thank you JK everything is a help to those of us gaining weight on our meds.

My appetite is massive.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme. Empty Re: Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme.

Post by Maisie Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 am

Jaffa! how can you tempt us with daily burgers and then beat us up with blatent use of the E word! Tis shocking! Laughing

:tootlesofftolookformp3:

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Runaway Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Hi Jaffakiwi, I don't know if I am doing this right as I am new to the site but just wanted to add to your thread!
about 18 months ago I began the couch potato to 5k app and now am runing half marathons - just food for thought !!! bounce
Runaway
Runaway

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Shonah Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Hope I'm on the right bit. That couch to 5km appeals to me. I used to run a lot but find it much harder these days mainly due to my mood being unpredictable. Now my clothes no longer fit me easily I really want to do something! So thanks

Shonah

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Beginner's Fitness - The Couch to 5k programme. Empty thai massage bvi excellent spas

Post by nicolejohn Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for this fitness mantra.My body is over weight so i will try your tips and reply for improvement my body..

nicolejohn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-08-25

http://www.thespaatbeyc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum