The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINZ

Go down

WINZ Empty WINZ

Post by Guest Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:52 am

Had an appointment with Winz today as my work trial has finished and I have to change from Invalids Benifit to Sickness Benifit. It turns out that I will loose about $60 bucks a week (which is my food money for a week). We asked if there was some way I could get an allowerance for my bus pass which costs $200 a month. I use the bus pass to get into work but also for work related travel.

Winz have told me I should move from Wellington to Lower Hutt to reduce my travel costs. I had thought a few months ago of moving closer to work but in discussion with my supervisor and a close friend it was decided it was best to stay in Wellington as my support networks are in Wellington. I mentioned this to WINZ and they said it doesnt factor into it.

While I was job hunting I was put into a supported employment programme through Winz, I had a case manager who helpped me job hunt, prepped me for interviews etc. After I landed the job I understood that she would keep in touch and help out. Soon after I got the job the contact suddenly stopped and I just thought she had taken me off their books. My Winz case worker today asked how the support was going and I said I hadnt heard from them for months! She was very disappointed.

Oh and one final thing for a laugh, according to my Winz file I have 14 children!

Back to top Go down