The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BPD info please?

3 posters

Go down

BPD info please? Empty BPD info please?

Post by Paddy Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:00 am

Who can point me in the direction of good, relevant to NZ information on Borderline Personality Disorders please? I don't wanna Google it and find goodness knows what, cos often that ain't all that helpful, ya know?

No, its not for me I ask but an old cobber of mine whom I’ll call Yddap, to preserve his confidentiality.

Ya see, for years, Yddap thought he was bi polar but it seems another label was stuck on his file without him knowing and he only found out about that by accident. And I have noticed that finding that out seems to have knocked some of the stuffing out of him temporarily so I said I’d find some good info for him. To help him get over himself, so to speak. Rolling Eyes

K, I tell lies. Tis for me, not Yddap. scratch

Ta,

Paddy
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

BPD info please? Empty Re: BPD info please?

Post by Guest Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:14 am

Sorry but I needed to delete this information. I do not in anyway want someone to read this information and be misinformed or hurt in any way.

Arohanui all

I love you

Consult your doctor, not Google for information: sorry folk flower

Last edited by Poetry on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 am

Poetry,

Thanks for all that info, hon – You too, huh? I reckon there must be something in the water, eh? Like, not enough Whiskey.

There are a few things in your info that resonate with alarming loudness in the otherwise empty fields of my brain; but so did a few things that screamed bi polar. But yes, it does make more sense to me than a diagnosis of bp ever did, mutter mutter.

The best bit about it as far as I can tell is I’m no different or ‘worse’ a person than when me mate Yddap and I were both being treated as bi polar folk. Yddap is of course (this almost goes without saying) far worsera than moi.

Ha, and I sulked and sobbed and whinged and sniveled for a couple of weeks (its why I wasn’t here much) when I read this different diagnosis suggestion in some medical records; but since that had supposedly been on the record for 18 months or so, I can’t see that it has changed Me unless I allow it to.

And I’m not going to ‘cos I’ve wallowed enough and grieved over something that I didn’t have the slightest idea about and its time to put back me shoulders, suck me gut in and look the World fair and square in the eyes. Maybe ‘Woopee I’m BPD’ will be written yet, eh?

Sectioned? Bugger my friend, I suspect that isn’t as much fun as you make it out to be – You take especial gentle care eh and don’t forget to let folk help out from time to time. All you need do is ask, Poetry – one of my Big Lessons from this year is that so many people are just so pleased to be able to help out with some little thing – or big thing – but they’re waiting to be asked. It’s OK to ask, even if its just at the supermarket. It all helps.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:24 pm

Dear Poetry

Thanks so much for sharing that bit of research with us others.

I have read the Linehan stuff with interest.

Only Poetry, don't you think that there's an awful lot of BPD around given the criteria from the DSM?

If we had to form a support group we could try Jade Stadium

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

BPD info please? Empty Personality disorders

Post by meluare Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 am

I think bipolar and BPD overlap. I would guess its easy to have both diagnoses. They seem to use the same medications.
UK Mentalhealth Forums has a forum on BPD with a lot of personal stories and links to information.

meluare

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum