The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This site needs a new thread/forum catagory

2 posters

Go down

This site needs a new thread/forum catagory Empty This site needs a new thread/forum catagory

Post by beanie Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:33 pm

How about a 'things I achieved today, things that made me laugh, jokes of the day, I'm really proud of myself because....' Call it the positive thread/forum. Living with depression is hard but we all have bright moments. Lets celebrate our bright moments & achievements & share them. I'll start with an example.
Today I had a shower & got dressed for the third day in a row.
Tonight I was on my teenage sons' case & he was taking it out on his punchbag & he broke his wrist, at the hospital, the nurse plastering him jokingly asked if I was beating him up & he said I pushed him down stairs. He said it with a grin but it made me laugh. (I retorted that he was assaulting me at the time cause the punchbag had picture of my face on it!)
Joke of the day: After Vegas. Three buddies decided to take their wives on a week-long vacation to Las Vegas. The week flew by and they all had a great time. After they returned home and the men went back to work, the men sat around at break and discussed their vacation.

The first guy said, "I don't think I'll ever do that again! Ever since we got back, my wife flings her arms and hollers, '7 come 11' all night, and I haven't had a wink of sleep!"

The second guy said, "I know what you mean. My wife played blackjack the whole time we were there, and she slaps the bed all night and hollers, 'Hit me light' or 'hit me hard!' and I haven't had a wink of sleep either!"

The third guy said, "You guys think you have it bad! My wife played the slots the whole time we were there, and I wake up each morning with a sore d**k and an a*s full of quarters."

I haven't got 'I'm really proud of myself' today but you get the idea.
So what do you think?
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

This site needs a new thread/forum catagory Empty Re: This site needs a new thread/forum catagory

Post by Paddy Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi, Beans,
You're right, it is kinda nice to find something to smile about once in a while, isn't it. Feels odd, tho. Facial bits that have not been used like that for ages, suddenly contorting into a rictus of smile.

Now, the only reason I'm not keen on a seperate Thread like that, is well, cos I'm lazy and its me who has to remember how to add stuff like that here, lol. Bugger, I know. There is a really cool Thread here started by Lonely Girl (hope I got that right, LG?).

Its called "The good things in your day Smile" and its up to page Four already, I think. I'll bump it up the Threads list.

Actually, I'm quite happy to arrange our site to suit what our members needs are, cos I really am, that nice - there's no escaping that, pfffft - but um, just not today if you don't mind, cos I'm a bit of discomfort today, n sitting at the puter hurts, big softy that I am.

But yeah, tell me what TBBD needs to be a better, or safer, or more interesting place for you, n if I can do it, I will. Just please guys, keep in mind that
a) this is a free site, on a free forum host (based in France, I think), n I'm not very computer literate so even though what you ask for may be 'doable', it mightn't be by me, and
b) dunno.
There was an; , and b), just a few momenta ago, but some bugger hid it whilst I was hunting for the next letter I needed on my keyboard, 'n now the thoughts lost. Damn.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum