The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Weekend as a Youngster...

3 posters

Go down

Last Weekend as a Youngster... Empty Last Weekend as a Youngster...

Post by Paddy Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 am

Right Then.

This is me Last Weekend as a Youngster – by the next weekend, I’ll Officially be Ancient but that’s alright.

Ancienticity is an Achievement I and a few others wouldn’t have wasted money on at the TAB, lets say – but, if I’d bet a hundred bucks agin meself, I’d be in the money, with those odds conquerored, sheesh.

So what am I gunna do this weekend, mmm? Me mobility scooter is on the charger and I don’t care too much if its sunny or fine, cos if I get wet, its only on the outside – me inside will be all sunny and cheerful.

Other than maybe scoot to the very few Marton streets I’ve not investigated yet and see what the local cat scene is there? Always a new cat to notice somewhere, lol. And gardens, by crikey. I don’t envy folk who enjoy gardening; I don’t understand it, but good on them ‘cos I do enjoy their work from the footpath.

What else, mmm? Me car won’t likely be being used, ‘tis slightly not legal.

I shall be doing my damndest to partake in the local Dawn Parade on Anzac Day but this year I am going to cheat and join the Parade just before it finishes at the Memorial Hall next door. That way, I can ‘do it’ on me own feet, with crutches. I can do that.

And I shall raise a mug warm Milk in Remembrance, and as continuation of a thing me dad n me did. If we couldn’t get together Anzac and or Armistice Day, we’d have a beer or several in a RSA wherever we were at the same time of day. Anzac Day has a very personal importance to me – At the going down of the sun another full Year will have ticked by without me having consumed any alcohol (well done Paddy!).

I hope that if you have the opportunity to join in any community Remembrance Services, that you take them – and Remember also those who did return, damaged.
Damage which was passed onto to and too often vented upon a generation of children and women.

I am very anti –war. I simply think that instead of only saying Stop Wars’, we should be focusing on ‘Starting & Keeping More Peace.’

Doubtless at some stage, I’ll have a music sesh, just cos I can, but I really want more to do outside, away from these walls, away from the reminder that I live in a block of pensioner flats, pffft. Ha, and despite my promotion to ‘Ancienticity’, there is a 15 year wait for me Pension and I bet the Bastards will raise the minimum age for it in the meantime. Mutter mutter mutter. Ancient, but not ancient enough, ha? Just my luck, doh.

D’ya thinks it would be alright to turn up to a local afternoon rugby game and just watch, even if ya don’t know anything about the teams? Not kids teams, adult. Tho, I’d rather watch a good fast game of soccer. I shall think on that.

There is a little concrete wall down the road that still looks doable, I might have another crack at riding that on me scooter (I have tried a few times, keep falling off – reckon I have it sussed, but, for this latest go). What it involves is running one side of the scooter up onto a nib wall about 15 inches high, with the other wheels on the footpath. Then, riding the length of the wall n down the little ramp at t’other end. Without stopping or crashing, cos the crash hurts. Hehehe. Right, watch this space. I shall Do The Wall. Or fall off, trying, more likely, doh. Ah, the foolishness of youth, eh?

I probably should do the Wall after the Dawn Parade, so that means Sunday afternoon. Right. It’s a date, Wall.

Any other suggestions? If you don’t ‘know’ Marton, just imagine Taihape on the flat, but not nearly as exciting.

Paddy The Younger. cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Last Weekend as a Youngster... Empty Re: Last Weekend as a Youngster...

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:26 am

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:28 am

Do you have a kite Paddy?? Could attach it to your scooter and try to get it up in the air
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:38 am

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 am

A scooter Kite, eh? Maybe a big one, like kite surfers use. If only the scooter freewheeled easily, I might get airborne. Cool! Sounds like my sort of silly scheme LC, ta hon.

Donna, Happy 18th Birthday to your son and I hope that he and his mum have a great day.

Moi? Nah, me birfdey is mid week sometime. Wink

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:50 am

Happy birthday for the 27th Paddy,

Man, 50....only 40 years for you to go now,
Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:06 am

Happy birthday lovely man, what ever day it is. Went to our beautiful cathedral for the anzac service, what an experience. I was accompanied by my lovely man and wee ella. What a gem Ella was, only three and so well behaved, but i guess this is her third time going with Nana. A time for rememberance, was thinking of my dad, since passed, but he was a returned service man and I wear this badge with pride. Gosh when the band plasyed The Old Rugged Cross, I had tears. Next year, when Ella is four, we are going to the dawn parade, I think she will manage the march even if we have to carry her part way, lol. Paddy I hope your day was as beautiful as ours.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:39 am

2 more days to go...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:18 pm

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 am

hehehehehehe....not long now....then it is

[img]Last Weekend as a Youngster... 2950910[/img]
FOR YOU PADDY!!
Famous people who are 50 this year include -

Rapper Flavor Flav of Public (haven't heard of him, oh well nevermind)
British singer Sade
Former Bangle Susanna Hoffs
Tennis master John McEnroe
Actor David Hyde Pierce
The Cure's Robert Smith
British actress Emma Thompson
Singer Sheena Easton
Actor Hugh Laurie (house fame)
Actor Kevin Spacey
Actress/director/muse Rosanna Arquette
Actor Jason Alexander
Breakfast fame Paul Henry
'American Idol' judge Simon Cowell[/list][/color]Singer Marie Osmond
Multi-talented Tracey Ullman
Actor Val Kilmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Happy Birthday Paddy,

Hope you have a good day and that TBT looks after you.

I hope you told her no gifts - a bird is not what you want ok?

Just a simple piece of affection will do.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum