The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts?

2 posters

Go down

Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts? Empty Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts?

Post by Paddy Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:27 am

What are your thoughts on these latest proposals by the National-led Government to open up our Natural Heritage for the recovery of minerals etc by permitting mining etc in very high conservation-value areas from one end of Aotearoa to the other?

Why should we trust these parliamentary politicians over such critical aspects of this nations welbeing and future when f'rinstance

** some of them can't even seem to manage the use of their Expenses Accounts and offical
credit cards
** and others looked like they might have tried hard to 'rort the system' and milk it of as much
cash as it could, through Housing Arrangements?

Of course, they all did it accidentally and a single one of them had any intent to deceive or manage affairs in such as way as they would personally profit. Of course they didn't, they are our Exemplars.

I have a Theory about the current focus on the potential (or otherwise) for mining on Great Barrier Island. And remember, you read it here first...

A frenzy of opposition will whip itself up over the mere thought of mining Great Barrier and the National-led Government will very reluctantly and only after considerable wringing of hands and tut tutting about lost opportunities and wealth, agree to leave Great Barrier alone for the short to medium term PROVIDED THAT the government is allowed to 'replace' Great Barrier Island with an even more sensitive (ecologically and environmentally) chunk of Conservation Land down the West Coast of the South Island. I betchya.

Did you know that the huge open cast mine in the middle of Waihi, apparently pays no tax or royalties on the gold it extracts and exports?

Sure, its payroll is spent largely in town there I suppose, but thats of no real benefit to say, someone living in Clevedon or The Catlins is it?

The State, which supposedly represents us and decides what our best interests are, seems to think it is fine to rape this country of much of what is so fragile; and we're supposed to lie back and Think of England.

We, the ordinary people of Aotearoa New Zealand, have about as much chance of receiving any beneficial advantages from the removal of any of these natural resources as we do of flying to the Moon. In my humble opinion, anyhow.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts? Empty Re: Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:13 am

Last edited by wowinnz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts? Empty Re: Potential Mining of High Value Conservation land - your thoughts?

Post by Anita Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:42 pm

Paddy wrote:

I have a Theory about the current focus on the potential (or otherwise) for mining on Great Barrier Island. And remember, you read it here first...

A frenzy of opposition will whip itself up over the mere thought of mining Great Barrier and the National-led Government will very reluctantly and only after considerable wringing of hands and tut tutting about lost opportunities and wealth, agree to leave Great Barrier alone for the short to medium term PROVIDED THAT the government is allowed to 'replace' Great Barrier Island with an even more sensitive (ecologically and environmentally) chunk of Conservation Land down the West Coast of the South Island. I betchya.

Paddy.

I read it here first but your the second person to say it in my hearding, which means that more than one person is thinking it. Which means it might just be right.

Sad to think that people are so evil though, manipulating public opinion that way.
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down