The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness

2 posters

Go down

Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Empty Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness

Post by Paddy Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:48 am

I was at a mates place t'other day and lo and behold, there was a car there that I once owned - the little 1.3L Laser I had before I became a Skyline Boy! Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Icon_eek

The little Laser had a clutch replacement not long before I quit it - it was the pain involved in pushing the clutch pedal in and holding it to change gears and the lack of power steering which prompted me to sell it. Mind You, I 'd driven it to Auckland, Rotorua, Hamilton, Wgtn and a few other places before I called it quits and got a car with an auto box n power steering. Diesel, but. Hmmm. A 2.8L diesel / automatic Skyline is NOT a BR car, trust me. Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Icon_razz

Well, long story short - the Laser needed 'moving'. 'Oh, I can do that' pipes up Paddy. So I grabbed me old keys back and went outside on me elbow crutches.

I lied. I couldn't even manage to get both legs inside the car and tucked under the steering wheel. I'm pleased the sods I was with found it funny - I do too, today. Sorta. A Wee bit. The rest of me sees it as a Benchmark as to just how my ability to make use of the gift of mobility has changed in less than 24 months. Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Icon_rolleyes Bother.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Empty Re: Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness

Post by peterpam Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 am

ohhh hugs Paddy

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness Empty Re: Sigh, a new Benchmark of Decrepidness

Post by Paddy Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:37 am

Aw, Bless You and Thanks, Pam.

It aint all as bad as I make it sound - as my mobility abilities change, so grows my appreciation of nature and the great outdoors - so I can't whinge too much about that, can I? I make a point of noticing things, and if I can, stopping to enjoy them more.

Truth to tell, I'd love to swap me Skyline for an auto van - I don't care what colour or make or year - just a good, reliable auto, petrol van. I'd sling a bed in, and become a wanderer again for a while.

Sheesh, you should see some of the drives my book of maps takes me on - all sorts of outta the way places beckon, pffft. And one day, come hell or high water, I shall visit as many of them as I possibly can.

Its not the pain thats a prob - I have that regardless - its the getting there thats the challenge. Oh for a registered car I wasn't terrified to drive in in case of getting a ticket. Bother. Least I have a car, which is a lot more than many others do.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down