The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant I just be A~~L~~O~~N~~E???

3 posters

Go down

Cant I just be A~~L~~O~~N~~E??? Empty Cant I just be A~~L~~O~~N~~E???

Post by angiebabe Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:29 am

affraid Feeling down and bitchy and grumpy-----want family to go to bed early so i can pig-out and watch telly be MYSELF!!! AAAarrgggH.
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Cant I just be A~~L~~O~~N~~E??? Empty Re: Cant I just be A~~L~~O~~N~~E???

Post by Paddy Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:00 am

'Tiptoes back out. I wasn't here, honest.'

pale
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Angie at times likes this you have to be honest with them and tell them you need some space. Lets face it......its not gonna kill anyone of them to go to bed and read a book and give you what you need, and no doubt after everything you do for them if your able to communicate what you need to them I am sure they would be more than willing to help you. I know the daughter and I have an arrangement that if things are really bad she must stop trying to make them better (or worse) and just give me space. I ma not sure how old your family are but one thing I have learnt for us is that its important that LuLu has always ahd some idea that things can turn a bit bad and that I am not perfect (oh how I am laughing at that statement). She isnt blind, she can see when things are shitty and her instinct is usually to keep prodding and asking me how I am..........so we have a deal now...............if I say NO, not now! I just need some space!........she will give me that as much as she can (and no, it doesnt always work!). This is something she struggles with as I said instinct makes her want to make it alright. Just reassure them its NOT about them or what they are doing but your inability to cope with whats happening in that moment thats the problem. So often we try and hide what we are feeling so that we dont upset other people but thats when we do that most damage because usually we are not very good at it for long and things blow up. Thats a concept I struggle with daily as no doubt people on here are already starting to realise lol
Anyway hon, I hope you have had some sleep and today is a better day for you.

Take care

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by angiebabe Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:42 pm

thanks monsta.
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum