The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, im new to this site

2 posters

Go down

Hi, im new to this site Empty Hi, im new to this site

Post by Kylie Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:42 am

My name is Kylie and my partner suffers depression. Im finding it quite hard to manage with the situation and hoped I might be able to get some help to do so.

Kylie Wink
Kylie
Kylie

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Hi, im new to this site Empty Re: Hi, im new to this site

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 am

Hi Kylie,

Welcome to TBBD. Feel free to have a nose round and feel free to post. There is a lot of useful infomation contained in the threads.

At the bottom of the home page is a chatroom. Do join us some time for a chat.

Supporting someone with depression can be a challenge and I wich you all the best. Make sure you have supports for yourself as well.

Roswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:36 am

Yeah, Welcome to TBBD family, Kylie and we hope that you do find this place of use.

I'm glad to see you have posted something already, 'cos thats what this place is here for.

You don't always have to be on ya bestest behaviour here and if there are 'words' ya just gotta use when you're saying something, well then, use them. Life can be frustrating enough without having to mind one's manners ALL the time. Most of the time, is usually good enough here.

I'm glad you understand that you don't deserve the 'stuff' and crap that your partner is putting on you as a result of his illness - continue to take real good care of you and make sure you give yourself 'time out' somewhere once in a while, eh?

And yeah, there are times when some of us would probably respond as well, if not better, to a swift kick up the arse, as we would to meds. It is not compulsory, when one has a mental illness, to be a bastard 24/7.

We need to own some of our problems and issues too and comes a time when ya just gotta make the effort to figure out maybe, alternative responses to trigger situations, etc. 'Cos um mate, we DONT HAVE TO BE LIVED WITH.

Trust me, I know of what I speak (says a middle aged man in a little flat with books and a cat and a computer. Didn't always live here, but!)

Take care, eh? flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:51 pm

welcome Kylieb

I hope you find this site very helpful!!!

I am sure you will,

Please take care... sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down