The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pyromania/Fire starter.

3 posters

Go down

Pyromania/Fire starter. Empty Pyromania/Fire starter.

Post by woppow Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:52 am

Hello all.

Recently I have become concerned with how I am releasing my stress and worry. - Lighting fires. Not big fires. Just smalls ones. Not causing any damage and most of the time they have been controlled.

Last night I was really low and just want for a walk around the block before I knew it I was setting fire to peoples Newspapers that I nicked out of their letter boxes. At the local play ground. It got a bit big and then a bit out of control. This for some reason lifted my mood and made me hype. And even a couple of people asked me when I got back on line if I had taken any thing eg pills, or smoked weed. I have tried lighting fire in the log burner I have in my living room But it does nothing for me. I have also tried digging a hole in my back garden and just lighting one in there, so it couldnt get out of control and if it did I could just put dirt on it, and put it out easy.

I want to stop this. But some how I cant. I am seeing my Social worker/Case Worker on Wednesday, I just dont want to lit anymore until I talk with her about it.

Has anyone got any ideas on a dif behavior I can replace lighting fires with?
I am at a lost on what to do.
I light them for two reason. Jake tells me to. and It just feels good to light them Sad

Please help me I am scared Sad Crying or Very sad
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Pyromania/Fire starter. Empty Re: Pyromania/Fire starter.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:02 am

Hello Wop,
Do you think you may have learned this behaviour from other people, perhaps on this message board?

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:10 am

Nope. I know who are meaning. And no.

I remember when I was a kid I used to love lighting the fire. I never thought much into it. And Before I meet the person you are referring to I had lit a few fires. But it was very rarely. It seems of gotten worst since I lit the fire in the hospital a week ago. - It got put out by the staff and I was very lucky that they didnt laid charges. But Yeah.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:24 am

Have you google or wikipedia'd pyromania? Does it give you any insight?

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:29 am

Yes I have Googled and Wikied it.

It doesnt give me that much insight there isnt alot of info on it. Because not alot of people enjoy lighting fires.
I hope like hell its just a part of life I am going thru and I will soon snap out of it!
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmum Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:11 pm

It's not uncommon, and i can understand why your doing it. however, your right, it's NOT good for you. it does have to be replaced by something else that won't get you into trouble, and won't cause serious damage at some point down the line. One of my favorite things to release anger and tension.......go to the op shop's buy the cheapest, tackiest craked china you can find.......bring it home, put a sheet of polythene on the ground and against a solid wall, then throw the china as hard as you can (screaming also helps in this) you get the satisfaction of totally destroying something without the mess and no-one else is going to get hurt. and do talk to your social/case worker about other alternatives.......if they suggest punching pillows...it doesn't work for me, i end up laughing cause it's just so tame!

shadowsmum

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:24 pm

hey i like that for an idea because then you can use the china for a artistic mosaic!

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowsmum Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:34 pm

now that's true mylife...if only i had an artistic bone in my body!

shadowsmum

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:45 pm

well i don't but why don't we give it a go?

Back to top Go down

Pyromania/Fire starter. Empty Where woppow is

Post by woppow Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:38 pm

If you want to knw where I am = Gone into hospital write more later.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by maat Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:50 pm

woppow wrote:If you want to knw where I am = Gone into hospital write more later.

Just an update on woppow as we've been txting each other every evening and I called her at the hospital the other day:

She's no longer under the 48 crisis admission that she went in on, and has for once been properly admitted. She seems to be coping better in there this time and hopefully she'll stick it out so they can really help her. There's been talk again of her doing DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) and I think between her favourite nurse and me texting she might have finally been convinced to at least try it out.

I myself start back doing DBT in January and have previously done a years worth of it so I know what to expect, but I'm sure she's got feelings about it like I did prior to starting it - it won't help, it sounds stupid etc etc. But, I've got my fingers crossed she's going to at least give it a shot as I honestly feel it's the best option she's got to help herself get better.

And for when you read this woppow remember I've got a lot of time for you as you're exactly how I was at your age. I don't want to see you having to wait until you're 27 to get diagnosed and go through nearly 20 years of hell before finally feeling like life is worth living like I did. I'm finally there even if it is medication helping me right now but believe me it gets harder and harder as the years go by to keep up the strength to keep fighting through life. If DBT existed back when I was your age I'd have tried it in a heartbeat. You've got a lot of people out there that care for you and can support you so the sooner you start to accept the help that does get offered the sooner you'll be on your journey to get well and be happy in life.

maat

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 am

I am getting over this place!!!
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:50 am

what tbbd? or the hospital

Back to top Go down

Post by maat Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 am

I'm pretty sure she meant hospital.

As far as I know she's still there, although I haven't heard from her at all since Saturday night. Hopefully things are OK and if anyone has heard from her please let me know so I can stop worrying about her.

Maybe she got sick of me trying to talk her into DBT Very Happy

maat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:11 pm

maybe? Only time will tell,

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:16 am

Stop worring maat!

I am on overnight leave. More then likely getting discharged tomrw Sad

I dont want that to happen I am scary of what I might do tonight Sad.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by maat Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:05 pm

So why exactly should I stop worrying?

Getting a text message at 1am telling me you have overdosed isn't anything to worry about?

I'm going to leave it at that. I've plenty to say but I get the feeling you don't want to hear it.

maat

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:03 am

well yeah good point maat. Sad sorry about that.

But the good news is that I didnt do any damage to my body.

Bad side is that my brother is now locked up in the adult mental unit Sad - I am leaving tomorrow. I am still in hospital - the mental one now.

Write more later.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down