The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from your Monsta!

+3
greasemonkey
peterpam
ZenMonsta
7 posters

Go down

Hello from your Monsta! Empty Hello from your Monsta!

Post by ZenMonsta Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Now I know Im a slack tart but Im here and I promise to be back to arrange (help at least) some XMAS fun and games...I dont care if you lot dont wanna join in Im still gonna do it~!

Im coming up to 11 months sober this month and I have a life like I had never dreamed possible. Thank you all again for everything you did to help me. My love is your love!

I will most certainly be back to celebrate my 1 year anniversary with you all on the 27th November....so please those who would like to share that monumental event I would love to see you all, old friends and new!

I miss you and think of you all often!

My love for now and forever....

I promise to be back soon!

Monsta!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Hello from your Monsta! Empty Re: Hello from your Monsta!

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:42 am

Hi Monsta, it was really great to meet you in chat earlier today. Well son for the 11 months sober and please don't be a stranger for so long again, your bright personality would be great to have around especially in chat sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:48 am

cheers well done monsta

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:05 am

Oh gosh, that is just the best news 11months, well done you. Huge hugs

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 am

Monsta Xmas games are fun.

LAst xmas we had to take xmas carols and put a TBBD spin on them.

Will be good to have you back on the site Monsta.

Miss you

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:57 am

ZEN
thats the Tao.

How smart you are
to heal yourself.

I am finer now too,
and the family is happy.

see you again sometime!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:06 am

Great to see you here monsta, Im so proud of you, 11 months... WOW. Im just so happy for you.

Hopefully will catch u in the chat room sometime Smile

Much love, Haley xx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:16 am

Monsta, I need your help please if you can. I have a customer who is young, in early 30's, young children and clearly in trouble. Thinking maybe as I am not close, I may be able to help, what advise would you give me. Today she told me she started drinking 5am. Partner died 5yrs ago and she thinks booze is her freind, yet shes lost her licence, which also means her job, etc etc. She left my shop today drunk and late, to take lunch to her children. Where and how would I go for help and do I want to (sorry being honest). Can I help. Gave her some advise and when she said she would come back and see me, sorry, but I told her to come back when she was sober, that way she may be in a position to listen. Any advise appreciated, hope this is ok to ask.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:40 pm

Hello Ms ZM, Someone mentioned that the chatroom used to be fun! I remember many laughs we all had!

11 months is really good!

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:22 pm

I remember too lovely Spring Daze!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi PeterPam......I am always happy to answer any questions that I can. I have sourced the number for CAD's CHCH (Community Alcohol and Drug services) 03 3354350. I suggest you give her that number. However unforunately addicts wont accept help until they want to. Often this is a life changing experience though not always. Until that happens though you are possibly wasteing your breath, short term. Hopefully the message that someone cares enough to confront it though is going through slowly. Just be careful of being caught up in manipulation. You were completely right to tell her to come back when she is sober, drunks make all the right noises but they dont have the cognition at the time to understand or reason properly.

Its a long road but worth every step....My journey in the early days is well documented on here, not sure if its all still here but I am happy for anyone to have a look and see just how low addiction can take you and hope that any who read it will see that there is hope and there is a way out. Its not easy.....but I still marvel at how insane I was then and at the life I have now. Worlds apart.

CAD's is the programme I went through in Auckland. The clinicians tend to be recovering addicts so the experience is there and I think that helps with 'connection', which is so important in recovery. Cad's is twelve step based programme and you are encouraged to seek help through other sources as well.

If she chooses to seek help there she will have an initial assesment (honesty is essential in this) and then be directed to a programme that best suits her needs. I went through a pre-entry programme......followed by an outpatients programme and then continuing care. The first 2 parts of the programme take around 4 months, usually (but can be longer). The 3rd part is an ongoing weekly group.

I found the 'group therapy' perspective to be extremely beneficial as you are forced to let down your guard and connect with people, something addicts struggle greatly with.

I hope that helps and if I can answer anymore questions you have please ask.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:52 am

Thankyou so much hun, I will jot all that down, so that when she comes back, I have it right there for her. I really appreciate this, not only do I feel for her, but for the children. Yesterday I told her she was killing herself and then what was going to happen to her wee ones. I asked if she wanted her family to raise the children and she said no. Sorry but I may have been a bit harse, with some of the other things I said, but she took it, thank god, because she is rather solid (I'm a pit squeek compared) and she didn't smack me in the mouth, lol. Thankyou so much for your honesty and I so appreciate that you didn't mind me asking. Good luck hun with your journey, you sound awesome.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi PP

As long aS you are safe then being 'harsh' with your client is exactly what she needs. Truth isnt something alcoholics enjoy, we much prefer our lives glossed in the sugary sweetness of the drinks we hold in our hands.

Truth is the only thing that will help to get her where she needs to be....everything else is enablement. Dont be caught up in that track, be inscrutible with the truth as long as you can do so safely.

Good luck and thank you for taking the time to deal with an addict. You cant save her or change her but you can give her truth.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 pm

hey I can vouch that zen mosta is awesome - i have met her and she is!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Now she has your seal of approval mylife, I am sure she can relax and we can all have confidence in her words of wisdom. Hello from your Monsta! 787356

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:59 pm

LOL thanks Bluebird, everyone here has my seal of approval, but Monsta is awesome in real life too!

Looking forward to the year celebration - not to far away!

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:17 am

Hello Miss Monsta,

Thought I would add my well wishes here too. Well done you for offering to help run xmas fun here at TBBD again! Well done for the other thing too. Always wonder how you are getting on and now I know you are off living the good life! Good on you! Group therapy and me is still a no-go but hearing your story is inspiration!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:36 am

Zen,
Am I with you?
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

always GM.....I carry everyone here with me all the time!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:30 am

das ggooode!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:10 am

Bloody Heck. Been an interesting 11 months, hasn't it, Miss M? cheers

You Rock, my dear Friend and I do believe I might have even recognised and mentioned that fact to you before you did Wink

I'm so proud of you, Miss M and very grateful that you had and still have the courage to share your Journies with us here at TBBD. God Bless, you 'n Lil Miss M both, hon. Hello from your Monsta! 962192

Yep, all of your earlier Posts should still be here - I don't delete them so people can either find things by clicking on a members name and tracking Posts n Threads that way, or just trawl thru the early pages of the General Board.

I still don't understand how to make that 'List' thingy but thats fine, I'll just go Bah Humbug and not have one this year.

flower
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:16 am

Im here! lol

You get the names and I will sort the rest, promise!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down