The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can we keep personal threads to a minimum?

3 posters

Go down

can we keep personal threads to a minimum? Empty can we keep personal threads to a minimum?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 am

not trying to be harsh here, but all these individual threads that are related to one issue or person get a bit messy and i dont (in my opinion) feel its all that welcoming to new comers.( i find it a bit clicky)...can anything one offish or specific to one person be kept in all one thread?
i dont know, just my opinion.........

Back to top Go down

can we keep personal threads to a minimum? Empty Re: can we keep personal threads to a minimum?

Post by peterpam Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 am

Sorry hun, please explain. I think we make new comers very welcome. so not sure what you are referring to.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

can we keep personal threads to a minimum? Empty Re: can we keep personal threads to a minimum?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:46 am

um, theres just a heap of threads that only relate to one issue or person and i feel that each member could may be have one thread each or something rather than 3 or 4....i dont know, im not in a well thinking head space to describe it at the moment...its not a criticism, just a suggestion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

hey what happened?

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:18 am

OK hun, I still dont understand, but thats ok. Take care

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:01 pm

I think I know what you mean, that we each maybe have one thread about ourselves and add to it when we have something to say instead of starting a new thread for each event. Personally I am happy with things the way they are as too many rules may get confusing. All of us on here are a bit fragile at times and remembering new things when we want to express ourselves may be an added stress and prevent people from posting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Yes we do get very fragile on here - esp after seeing ACC councillers etc. But we cannot detract from supporting one another here.

That is what this site is about is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:18 am

Guest wrote:not trying to be harsh here, but all these individual threads that are related to one issue or person get a bit messy and i dont (in my opinion) feel its all that welcoming to new comers.( i find it a bit clicky)...can anything one offish or specific to one person be kept in all one thread?
i dont know, just my opinion.........

You are not harsh at all

just offering your gentle opinion.

Certainly, to newcommers all that welcomming can be suspicious and overwhelming yet the intent is what is worth looking for amonst it all Guest.

Mostly,
people want to make the others feel comfortable that they have made the right choice in comming to this site
where everything goes.......sometimes well sometimes crazy as Hell! Lolol

Personally, I dislike clickyness.

The other-thing 'here' guest is that the site is massively understaffed and it cannot be organised well (like the way you see it could be) and Paddy is ailing like the best of us!
If you hang in here,
you will find your great ideas to re-frame this site
maybe implimented in time.

Time is of Lifes Essence.

Last edited by greasemonkey on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : green paint)
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 am

The 'My Journal" part of this forum was setup for this purpose... so individuals can provide updates on themselves and their situations.

However, if there is a chance that a post may generate conversation not directly related to the individual, its completely ok, in my opinion, to start a new topic in a new thread.

P.S. Who deleted their account this time?

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi, That could be a good idea if there weren't so many of us on here. I personally post new messages when i'm not doing so well cause I know it will be at the top of the chat site. I don't always do it to talk, it's usually because people on here or TM see it and know I need support and give it. I find they are like a family to me. They also understand cause they have gone through their own trials.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Jaffa, it was I'm still standing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down