The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real friends

3 posters

Go down

Real friends Empty Real friends

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:52 pm

I was thinking about something that was said on Sunday in their segment on depression. One of the people they talked to was asked by his doctor if he had any frieds. When he replied yes the doctor doubted him and asked if he would be able to pull them out of bed at 2am in the morning and banged the shit out of their walls if he needed to.

I am thinking bout this as it is currently 3:49am and I am yet to go to sleep yet again due to cronic insomina and the fact that I sometimes find the nights very lonely. Some nights I have even go back to having Rollie or Growler in my bed (for new members they are soft toys).

I was unwell the other night and it took a lot of effort not to self harm.

So do you have someone you can pull out of bed at 2am Question

Back to top Go down

Real friends Empty Re: Real friends

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Sorry you are struggling Ros Sad I saw that too and thought it was a useful indicator of 'true friends'

I do feel i have 1 or 2 friends I could do that with in an emergency, but I fear that if an emergency like that were to happen often it would eventually wear thin.

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Yes I do, I am so used to pushing people away from me when they start to get too close or when I'm really not in a good spot, but there is 2 people up here and 1 in NP that have never let me do that. After listening to that program I realised that yes these people are true friends, they won't let me push them away because they know that I actually need them. So yes I do, have friends that would do that, one would even drive from TA to pick me up if I needed that.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 am

I saw that programme too and am lucky enough to be able to turn to someone at any hour, though as with most of us I tend to push people who try to get too close away just now. Roswell I am a bit of a night owl and am usually around till all hours, jump on here and see if I'm about if you want to. I love the night time and will happily stay up and sleep away half the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am

awww guys that would have been the same programme we watched, and we cried because we don't want me to be the one in the coffin,

Make sure you have a couple of good friends for sure, they are important!

And make sure that early morning phone call is from you, not from someone who has found you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pazaryn Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 am

I don't know what programme you're talking about, but the very question of do you have friends you could drag out of bed at 2am got me thinking. My answer is no. I could ring my Mum and she'd be here quick as all hell, but then she'd be worried and smother me and take time off work to help with the kids and (I know this sounds harsh) but basically make me feel like the failure I sometimes believe I am. Up until Friday night, I had a partner (together for three years, living apart for last year) but even though he's been through depression and is now 'cured' he would not be the type to get up and rush over at 2am for me either. That's a rather sobering thought actually. Luckily I have google...google is my friend Wink may not come over but shit, can't be picky now can I?! scratch

Pazaryn

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:05 am

hi there Pazaryn,

the programme we were talking about was on 20/20 or the like, but unfort you won't be able to download it as it was a while ago.

It was a sobering programme alright. Fortunately for me my 2am person lives and breathes beside me -

what about if you and logical (who I think might be in the same areaish) swap numbers for support?

I hope to meet up with your soon in chat (most people know I don't talk much.....Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi..

I saw the programme too.. I think it was a television reporter being interviewed that said that..and it wasn't until reading through this thread that it made me think hard too. I have friends - hubby and wife - who I could contact at any time.

I used to have several friends who I would have thought would be in that category - and have lost their friendship. Though I rarely talk with others about what's happening for me, because I cope better when not talking about it, some people haven't been able to handle the changes that have happened for me in the 9 years (last Saturday) since I finished work on sick leave and haven't been able to work since.

My Partner lives in another town. He goes to bed early - 8.30 maximum, sometimes earlier - tonight I tried phoning him - no answer - his phone went to answer phone as he'd switched it off - I glanced at the clock - it was 7.52pm. Somehow I feel more alone than with someone. Being fair, because I sleep late during the day because I have trouble sleeping at night, he usually doesn't phone me till late afternoon - so he doesn't call when I'm likely to be asleep, so has trouble reaching me too. However, my phone is on at all times and not switched off at all - he could reach me, no matter what, if he needed me.
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down