The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!!

+3
logical-cents
britelite
woppow
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!! Empty Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!!

Post by woppow Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 am

Hey all.

I thought I would start up this topic. So I could keep a recorded and so that the others on here can wish they were me Razz lol.

Well Monday -Me meeting with the two tutors and talked about what I want out of the course
Tuesday - First day. It was really quiet and noone knew what to say. But we played some Ice breaker games
Wednesday - We pitched tents for 4 hours! and then played team building games.
Thursday (today) - In the morning we did goal setting. My short term goal is to stop smoking. Long term goal to become an adventure counselor. and then in the afternoon we went rock climbing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for anyone who doesnt know. I am have just started a YMCA adventure course! I am the youngest Sad and the oldest is 25. But I get along with most of the people.
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!! Empty Re: Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:09 am

Yay for you - and yes I'm jealous - wish I could do that !

Wink Sounds like your enjoying it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:40 pm

hey lizzie like the new avatar = was that the chasing goose??? hahahahahaha

beware they bite! and spit

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 am

an adventure course...now that is definately something I would enjoy...so please do keep us posted...then we can live vicariously through you Wop/Lizzie's daily course Log!!! 683277

psssst mylife...umm not to embarrass you hun...but that is a black swan in woppow's avatar...not a goose
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:28 am

ok my eyesight isn't that great...matter a fact it is tooo old for my liking.... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:46 am

Yeah its a black swan. BTW they also bite. - My mate should of told me that when they said go and chase it.

Today at course sucked! In the morning we sat around and talked about how we learn. It was supper gay. and then in the afternoon we did a running test. and a team building game. Then only good thing was we finished with play a game of tube soccer!

Tomorrow is going to be good.... ROCK CLIMBING!!!
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:13 am

yayay - still wish I was you doing this course!!!!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:16 am

Rock climbing sounds fun. Haven't done that in years!! Hope you enjoy it.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:20 am

i've never done it, my fear of heights would stop me I think

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:21 am

I don't like heights either, however love climbing. Figure that one out. Just one of my odd things.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

i become a clingon when I feel unsafe up high!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:23 am

i become a clingon when I feel unsafe up high!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:59 am

Today was rock climbing. It was inside.

It turned out to be crap. I couldnt do any of the walls. I failed all of them.

Sad I hated it. and then there was this chick on the course who I have a problem with. She is tooo bossy for me. and today she had kinda a word fight with the male staff member when she was climbing coz she didnt feel safe. or something.
Once she was down they had a hard out talk and all the group had to be a part of it. It lasted for 45 mins. at that point I had enough and chucked my phone on the ground and walked out. I thought I was going to get into trouble. But I have in the past told the group I have a problem with my anger and I have been thru 15 phones. The staff just had a quick 1 minute talk about me and my anger. with the group so now they know if I make a fist then its time to fuck up. They said I am allowed to walk away from anything. I am just not allowed to hit any one. (that means myself too)
Today they were just happy that I walked away because I said I needed to do that or one more minute of that bitch talking I would of got up and hit that bitch!!!!!!!!!
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:00 am

Sorry for my foul language
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 am

oh well, hope tommorrow is better for you ..

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 am

Right today.

In the morning it was problem solving. The group did really well. and we did two problems that we couldnt solve on monday.

afternoon was Kayaking. I hate kayaking. The last time I went kayaking I was in a double one. and the person thought it would be funny to get out. and leave me in the middle of the sea!!! I wouldnt say who, Because that wouldnt be nice naming the person, aye OLIVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But today I was the first to flip. and the last to flip Smile we were in the water for 30 mins and 10 of that was me on the kayak. and the other 20 was me being in the water tryin to get back on. But on the plus side I did save someones life. Her kayak fliped and she couldnt get out so I jumped off my kayak and swam to help her. (this is the female who I cant stand and who I was close to hitting yesterday)

And after course Me, My support worker and the staff had a meeting about what to do if I got in a low mood again.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:47 am

wow sounds like a good day for you wop, I have never tried Kayaking but my boys do it all the time..

Good for you!

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:53 am

Today was crappy. In the morning we just sat around. and then in the afternoon we sat around. Jake (my ex) was sitting next to me the whole time. But only I can see him. Like hes not really there. I hated it. I asked him to leave but he wouldnt. and kept telling me how shit I am.
But one ok thing was we went down to the park and did 10 mins of playing soccer.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:54 am

Hi Woppow, Although you're not enjoying some of the course it is great you're doing it - do you feel better having your time a little structured?

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:07 am

I love having something to do during the day. and I love knowing like I am at course 9am until 3-4pm.

Today was an ok day. We first did a quiz about what we have learned so far. I won that. lol. and then we went swimming. Just so they can make sure we can all swim. After swimming a lap everyone got free time. the whole group (But not me) went into the wave pool. I felt old but I went into the spas Very Happy. hehe. and then into the steam room. Man I could of stayed in the hot spas for the whole day. But then we had to go. and on the way home John (the staff guy) brought all of us some hot chips Very Happy!!!!

To make today even better. I decided I would bike to course. Just coz I freak out on the bus. and I do not enjoy people's asses in my face! And I survived my 1 hour ride there and my 1 hour ride home! (but now since noone is due home for a couple of hours and I am hot and sweaty I am just in bra and boxer! Embarassed lol! I just thought I would share that piece of information to the whole wide world Razz )

So all in all a good day at course.

BTW for anyone who doesnt know. Tonight I am flying up to auckland to hang out with olivia/Oliviaheartsmo. So I probably wont be in the chat box or msn much this weekend.
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:21 am

good for you lizzie and have a good weekend?

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:28 am

Weekend was ok. We had a fair few bumps in the weekend.

Today at course was all first aid. Tomorrow at course once again first aid again for a whole day. and then Hopefully see someone hopefully my doc cooooz yeah......... Yeah I dont wana say why as some people dont know and I want that to stay like that.

Today my mood is rock. Sad I am startin to really get worst and worst as the days go by. - hopefully there wont be much more days. (take that as what ever way u read it, I will leave it open)
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:30 am

Yesterday was first aid. I had to walk out half way thru coz I was close to hitting this one bitch.

Today was this dumb sit down thing in the morning. and then in the afternoon it was rock climbing. I didnt feel like going rock climbing. so I didnt. I just sat down and watched
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 am

good girl, i am proud of you, you walked away.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:01 am

Yeah I am happy I had enough control to walk away. Smile because if I hit her (which would of done all to easily) If I would of then I would of been kicked off my course.

Today was an ok day. In the morning we talked thru about what to take on tramps and how to plan tramps. In the afternoon we broke up into three groups and went to different outdoor shops. We had to price up what stuff we would need on a over night tramp. I think my team did ok. We priced everything including some food for just under $600. If my group gets the lowest costing kit. We win a YMCA vest each. Which I want!!! tehe. We find out tomorrow which team wins.
And even in the lunch break I had a quick try at playing hacking sack with the rest of the group Smile

Oh yeah I changed my Picture. thats my new look. BTW I havent worn my black lipstick or eye liner since that pix. Oh yeah just a tip for Paddy. Razz Dont put on eye liner unless u have eye makeup remover Razz, Thats a special tip just for Paddy Very Happy coz i know u love the eye liner Smile
woppow
woppow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next