The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

friendship means..

Go down

friendship means.. Empty friendship means..

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Friends means
draggin your own sorry ass outta bed
phonin getting no answer, ass back into bed...then click somethings wrong.

Ring tha parents - they too are worried

I get to my friends place, the house is turned upside down, noise blaring, friend not wanting to talk to anyone

Phone parents everything okay will ring a little later.

I seriously don't now where strength comes from sometimes - I gave him three choices (he wouldn't answer ph, didn't want to talk to anyone etc) Resented me being in his space 1. your mums, 2, my place 3. hospital.... no bluffing very angry and assertive you are not staying here locking out the world. He chose my place soooooooo

After relaxing, some food a DVD - prompted a shave..he had a nice hot bath too. I've even lost my bed lol - no worries the spare room is small confined - knew he would need open space.

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, I don't know where the ooph to push past your own stuff and go and rescue a dear friend. I cannot count the times he has supported and helped me. Meds are starting to work so will sign off. continue tomorrow

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself."

Poetry

Last edited by poetry on Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling-was tired)

Back to top Go down

friendship means.. Empty Re: friendship means..

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

You sound like a great friend Poetry. Your friend is lucky to have you.

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I second JKs comments poetry...you do indeed sound like a true and caring friend I love you Very Happy

I also don't know where the ability to step up for others comes from when we ourselves are not without our own problems
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks Jaffa,

LOL, he didn't think much of me at the time.

He was exhausted, is severely depressed - in the past two weeks he has hit wall after wall. The dr has started him on a mood stabiliser. He takes an antidepressant ?- quitepine - clonaz - zoplicone - now this new one not sure of name.....

What really gets to me is he has put hours and hours into an organization as a volunteer. The Org. wanted him paid so set up a job. He was basically told your job mate....... Sorry mate we have gone with someone else.!!!!

I was so gutted, so angry as i know how hard it has been for him to leave the house. This and other things compounded the depression, the way i found him last night. Like a dog that has been beaten...was a bit of a shock, he has never got to this state before.

I asked him last night would he continue with the work - long pause, he is going to - it could open doors and he loves what he does. So good he has 'hope'

I am going to see if he will come on this site. I hope he does. Needed to share last night, well early this morning as it was tumbling about in my head. I seriously don't know where the strength comes from - lol i was having a panic attack an hr earlier about picking up my meds.

Anyway he is safe, his family know where he is and they can have peace of mind, and my friend can sleep with the warmth of my pooch and the fire going..... I will make a nice hot meal also....... helping me too. Smile It feels gr8 to be there for your friends.

We will have a giggle over my growly 'kick ass' sort out I am sure.

Thanks was good to share.

I can feel my own energy level is better - in a backward way we helped each other????

Ka kit ano
Poetry

I love you

Last edited by poetry on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grr spelling mistakes)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 am

I think a big part of why we like to help others is that it gives us some sort of purpose and makes us feel good about ourselves. I know with me anyway, sometimes I think I'm useless and no good to anyone, so when I feel I've actually helped someone, its quite a nice feeling.

JK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:50 am

Hi Jaffakiwi

from different posts you have replied to you have also helped many on here too.

P.S - normally i love to help others.... but being unwell it is too hard at times.

Make sure you look after you too I love you

Poetry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down