The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go::::

4 posters

Go down

WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go:::: Empty WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go::::

Post by angiebabe Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 pm

Very Happy
OK so I'm FAT! Embarassed

Really wanted to do Jenny Craig BUT cant afford it!!! Rolling Eyes

At the mo--because I feel down/sick I have NO motivation to cook seperate meals for me and the family, PLUS I cant be bothered thinking about all the healthy-no fat-no sugar-no carbs-no anything stuff to make really healthy meals for myself!!

BUT I have just come back from PaknSlave and they actually have a good selection of WW Frozen ready meals at only $5-$6 each! alien Bargain I thought so I'm gonna try them all this week.

Good luck to everyone feeling CR@P about their weight/body issues!
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go:::: Empty Re: WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go::::

Post by britelite Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:48 pm

ok...first off you will end up sick with MASSIVE craving if you cut out all fats, sugars and carbs from your diet...your body needs all of these to stay healthy...the key is moderation.

why are you looking at having to make a dinner for you and a dinner for the rest of the family????...all you need to do is swap everyone to a healthy diet...you are the cook they can either eat a decent meal or starve!!!

change the bread in your house to...well...basically anything other than white...the carbs in highly refined food are turned to fat and stored if your body doesn't use them straight away...when you need a sugar fix head for the fruit bowl and pick an orange...naturally occuring sugars are the ones that your body will not store up...if you add sugar to hot drinks try to keep it to a minimum, as in cut back from 2 tsps to 1 1/2 then to 1...try to limit coffee to 3 or 4 a day, your liver treats it like a toxin and anymore than that and it is so busy dealing with the coffee it starts failing to deal with other stuff...and do your best to stay well clear of fizzy drinks.
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go:::: Empty Re: WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go::::

Post by Xanthousflame Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:14 am

Ive tried jenny craig but found it to expensive for the food everyweek, had to fork out (going by memory) between $100-$150 on the food just for the week, you could pick what food you want and some meals were darer then others depending on what you wanted, so that fad for me soon ended and like you said angie Weight watchers are now supplied at any local supermarket. I found found weight watchers pretty good they use a point system and as long you keep within your point range for the week your sure to lose weight.
even though ive tried all these diets for me i dont have the stamina to keep at them lol but they do work but one of these days I'll get my act together
Xanthousflame
Xanthousflame

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Iv been doing low carb for the last couple of months and its working for me. I've only lost 3.5kgs, but I have had breaks of eating carbs (tonsillectomy, courses away). Its so easy its amazing. Because your eating a lot of protein and fats you don't get hungry.

Have to admit its hard at first to get your mind around carbs=not good, fats=good, but the scales prove it. I did a lot of research as well and the results are amazing, but like any 'diet' its more of a lifestyle change.

I also have noticed that since cutting bread, pasta etc out of my diet Im not so bloated anymore, and I definitly notice if I do eat something like that. So I think I have some form of glutein intolerence. If your you wanna hear or read more I have heaps of links and things for you Smile

Haley x
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

WeIgHt LoSs TiPs & HiNtS........................Ready/Set/Go:::: Empty CHEERS

Post by angiebabe Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:15 pm

Haley------yep bring on the links--that'll be great!!! Very Happy

I L==O==V==E my bread-potatoes-pasta pig

BUT yes they make me So FAT Embarassed This is ALL my comfort food!!

I would like to do some reading on it though.
Cheers
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:13 pm

Low carb thread on trademe, these guys are awesome http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=34427797&threadid=34427797

Old low carb thread (tons of recipes and ideas, also lots more links)
http://www.votemenot.co.nz/thread/30765293/low-carb-no-carb-people/

Kinda funny blog, tons of recipes tho
http://www.cleochatra.blogspot.com/

More info and recipes
http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner

Can't think of any others at the mo but just google low carb and theres some great sites, and theres tons of others in the trademe and votemenot threads.

My new comfort foods include steak with blue cheese and mushroom sauce (cream reduced with melted cheese and mushrooms) or berries and cream. My snacks are things like cheese, yoghurt, berries, nuts or these protein cookies which are really yummy. You can even have a peice of linte (sp?) 85% dark choc every day for choc cravings
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down