Post by mylife on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 pm

sitting in front of the fire keeping warm
mylife

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by logical-cents on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:43 am

Good thing today was going to see Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 3D with mum, wasn't really much different from seeing it in 2D but some parts you thought you could just reach out and touch it.

On Saturday me, mum and Ryan went to a cafe/bar and had a big plate of wedges with bacon, sour cream, cheese and salsa between the 3 of us then we played a game of pool. It took us 35 minutes to sink all the balls and I'm sure that the guys watching were laughing at us but we were laughing at ourselves anyway and had fun so that's the main thing.
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 am

Me and mum went to the Hospice shop today. Spent $10 and got 7 books, 2 good black jackets and a handbag. Mum got a dress, a skirt, 3 low GI/low fat cookbooks and 6 matching drinking glasses for about $12. So we both came away fairly happy with our purchases.
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am

I enjoy everyday as it comes.
I enjoy life in General. I Like going for walks with our Fox Terrier.

Back to top Go down

Post by mylife on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Good on you aitch. Well the good thing for my week, is that I finally had my cysts cut out of my head. The bad thing is that I have learnt the comb+stitches in head = a big ouch!
Razz
mylife

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:24 am

Eek, Mylife, that sounds painful!

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:58 am

Knowing that TBBD has (very quietly) celebrated its Third Birthday and that it is now in its Fourth year online as a free, peer support network and resource.

I started TBBD on 16 August 2008 because I was looking for a place like this and couldn't find it. A place where thoughts could be given a voice, and we could not only say what is hurting us but where we could celebrate our successes and smiles because we are allowed to have them and they are worth crowing about.

A place where Misery isn't Compulsory.

Happy Third Birthday to The Big Black Dog Message Board and Chat Room.

cheers

Paddy Quinn,
founder, tea lady etc.

Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by mylife on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:33 am

Happy birthday TBBD - the good thing for me this week is to get the stitches out - yay!
mylife

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 am

Crikey. I've just 'relearned' the value of Four Cents. cheers

It was the difference between winning a TradeMe Auction for a decent second-hand bed, and not winning a TradeMe Auction for the bed.

I shouldn't gloat, but the Four Cents added to the dollars, are mine and it was juuuuust enough. Ha, about time I had a win.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=404895744

All I need now is the hundy and fifty. I'll round up the Four Cents, being a nice sorta bloke an' all. This is the first tidy looking bed I've seen for sale on TM in my own town and you have no idea how little I am going to miss my old bed. Even with a sheepskin underlay and a pad of foam, I can still feel the springs trying to escape the fabric.

Four Cents, eh? Sleep Sleep cheers

Paddy.
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:15 am

My new bed arrived today, and its even more comfortable than I thought it would be. Iíve had a Nana Nap already and it was effortless, lol.

Iím really hoping that sleeping on a decent bed will make a big difference overall to my mobility and pain levels and I kinda wish it was bedtime already, but its not.

How much did my new bed cost? Four Cents more than the next highest bid on the TradeMe Auction. Talk about cheapskate, pffft.

The seller was local, had a truck and delivered the bed, got my old one outta the way, and put the new bed up, complete on bed risers for me. Cheers for that, Bruce. cheers

Is it bed time yet?

Paddy.

Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:43 am

Cor, I can't remember how early I went to bed last night - very early for me, I do know that, but I didn't wake up once until the Alarm went at 11.30 this morning.

I think I've lucked onto the second bestest bed in the world - the bestest one being owned by dear friends in Christchurch, shared willingly by a lovely dog (and as willingly by the less lovely dog they have there too, lol). Bloody good bed though, they offer in that whare - even has a lecky blanket as well as two dogs. The less lovely dog is lovely too, just less so. You watch, I've offended its owners now, oops. Not.

What a huge difference a decent base and mattress makes to a persons sleep. I Promise everyone here now, a new bed when I win First Division Lotto, hows that? cheers

I'm just finding this out - we do deserve a decent nights sleep on a comfy bed.

Is it Bed Time Yet? Sleep Sleep Sleep

Paddy.
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:25 am

You are feeling sleepy ... very, very sleeeeeepy ... your eyelids are getting heavy ... very, very heavy. Listen to the tone of my voice ... you are in a safe place ... in front of you is a 1st Division Lotto Ticket ... a winning ticket! ... your eyelids are very heavy but you can still see the numbers ... and now youre going to read them to me ..... yes you are ... you want me to know the winning numbers ...

Sleep Sleep
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:10 am

Why didn't I think of doing that, Miss Monster? I've only ever used hypnosis to get Shortbread. Dang. I'm impressed!

The Good Thing Today? It was lovely.

My 86 year old next door neighbour came to check I was alright, because she'd not seen me or heard me bumbling around my flat for several days. Bless her. And she was wearing Teddy Bear Slippers, pffft. Razz

Paddy.

Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by mylife on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:55 am

The good thing in my day - having a competition with my two boys. They had to clean and dust the dining room and lounge in a better time than I took to clean the kitchen (including the fridge),. Up for grabs is a home baked choc cake.

Well we worked and rocked to blasting music for two solid hours... and um..who won?

They did of course, there is more work in the kitchen than the other rooms put together but that is ok. So home made (by me) choc cake now in the oven.

Now I just need to finish off the fridge and put everything away, and get onto the roast...for dinner.

The good thing in my day yesterday, was the whole family painting the rails on our deck and then we planted heaps of vegies!
mylife

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:29 am

That sounds like a cunning plan well implemented, ML. It sounds like a lot got done, cool.

My Good Thing for Today? Easy.

Today, is not Yesterday.

Yesterday, was very rough; pain like I'd not felt for some time and I wasn't coping very well with it. No pills seemed to help, ya know.

Today, I'm sore yeah, but it ain't agony-sore so that'll do moi. cheers

I've even figured out why I became so almost unbearably sore and as usual, it was the result of Own Goals scored by me on Monday and Tuesday. Well done, Paddy.

Yep, I'm truly pleased that Today ain't Yesterday.

Paddy.
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by mylife on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:20 am

Gosh I don't know what happened to my earlier post...but here it is again!

The good thing in my day is my aching feet!!

My aching feet because they remind me of my day - cooking - cooking a boysenberry choc brownie, carrot cake and roast kindly supplied by my father in law. Before you ask, yes he did get to have his portion, as well as cake and brownie. I have never made the latter before, but man oh man... I think I will just have to keep those recipies! haha

So my aching feet tell me I have been standing for some time, doing something I really do enjoy. Cooking. They say never trust a slim chef... well maybe that should be my excuse????? Razz
mylife

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:35 am

Seeing the smile on the face of the old girl next door when I turned up there this morning with a fresh Chocolate …clair for her.

That was $2 well spent, seeing her smile because she's been very down lately and just not her usual perky self. I hope the sugar rush helped, pffft. Razz

Paddy.
Paddy

Back to top Go down

well

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:04 am

looking out my front door every morning at my butterfly collection..and also seeing others smile as they walk past...

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 am

Finally getting a replacement vacuum cleaner. Its been a good breeding season for Dust Bunnies in recent weeks, but we had a round up today.

$20.00 well spent, I think. I even swapped hose bits and stuff from the kaput cleaner, so hopefully it will be super good now. Look Out Dust Bunnies under the bed - it will be your turn one of these days. albino
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:15 am

Not today exactly but the long weekend.

Good things were:
- Having nice weather
- Seeing my younger sister and boyfriend (and getting intelligent conversation from them both)
- Having a BBQ at home
- Having fun at a BBQ fundraiser in Hamilton
- Getting the shed tidy and sorted out
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:21 am

Today has been a ummmmmm challenge shall we say (apparently Im up for a challenge as lately, most of my days have left me feeling liek Ive done a couple of rounds with David Tua) but i guess whats good is coming home (to an empty house for a few hurs while the Lil Monsta is still at work) and just realising how lucky I am to be where I am, with the people who are in my life (thats you lot as well as the people I can actually reach out and grab on the butt).

ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 am

Having a giggle with the old girl next door.

We have a mini lake outside our front doors, which we agreed needed ducks.

Turned out, we both had a spare plastic duck (what are the odds?) so our lawn now has two plastic ducks floating on it.

Its funny how doing something so basic and silly, has picked my mood up, because its been quite grim for a couple of weeks.

The cheap booze advertising during the RWC 'got' to me and I was sorely tempted. More than once and I reckon I've just about done enough for a Mellowpuff, not having given in. Been a close call, but.

Yay for plastic ducks and next door neighbours. cheers

Paddy.

Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by zin on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:50 am

I felt well enough to mow the lawns today!! they look good too Smile
zin

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 am

Good on ya Zin - I miss lawn mowing, oddly enough.

I got off me arse and helped me 86 year old neighbour tidy up her quite extensive pot plant garden. We also raked leaves off the lawn (noooo, not my idea) and I got carried away and even emptied and cleaned and refilled our wee plastic ducks pond. The water was kinda disgusting looking.

I'm fair shattered now, but it was kinda nice just to be out in the sun doing something so 'ordinary' for a change. sunny

Paddy.
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Theres nothing really special As I enjoy everyday as it comes & Goes. You have to make the most of everyday. Treat others as you like others to treat you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 42 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next