The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prescription Meds in NZ -

2 posters

Go down

Prescription Meds in NZ - Empty Prescription Meds in NZ -

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:06 pm

I dunno about anyone else, but when it comes time to being presecribed meds, I know the doctor says something to me about them, but it often doesn't register with me. That usually leaves me with packets of pills about which I am confuzzled (thats a combo of confused and puzzled, by the way - its much worse than just one or the other, lol).

So, I tended to panic, and then not take the meds because, well, because I'm me. If I don't know what a pills supposed to do, I won't take it. And if I don't like the side effects, I'll stop taking it. And often, even if I can't find a reason, I'll quit taking them, just cos I can.

Then I discovered the NZ govt Medsafe website. Its got all the info your health professionals should have ensured stuck between your ears, but maybe didn't. Data Sheets on all prescription meds available in NZ can be found at http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/datasheet.htm

Its been a big help to me and maybe others will find it useful too? I hope so, anyway.

Cheers,
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Prescription Meds in NZ - Empty Re: Prescription Meds in NZ -

Post by gypzy Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:05 am

Hi Pat,
I am the same as you and tend to not want to take something unless i know what it is.I research it before i take it, which sometimes can actually make me feel worse seeing all the side effects.

gypzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:11 am

Taking meds don't worry me anymore but I got past that. If i'm not me, that is fine course I don't want to be me anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:23 am

I get really goofy on moclobemide for the first 24 hrs. My friends tell me that I'm stoned on it. I'm not sure how you tell but after that I get agitated and can see me throwing myself down the steps. I threw the phone course it rang and the noise drove me mad. I'm not on anything now. It's even worse couse i have to get through it by myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:38 am

Aye, thats the downside to not being on meds - you just know that its you feeling that crappy - you can't blame it all on the meds.

Learning to live 'with yourself' can be a brutally tough lesson - its taken me 48 years and I'm still on shakey ground some days. I understand your
"... I don't want to be me" comment.

Its not much fun having those feelings towards oneself, is it? I think it might have to be Shortbread time at my place. They always cheer me up.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down