Proposed ACC Vehicle Rego & Employer / Employee Levy Increases.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Proposed ACC Vehicle Rego & Employer / Employee Levy Increases.

Post by Paddy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:25 am

Fuck.

Mad

P.S.

Y'd p'raps be excused for thinking Dr Nick Smith could afford a decent haircut. Bastard. He has hair AND he wants to increase the levies? Is there no satisfying the man?
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: Proposed ACC Vehicle Rego & Employer / Employee Levy Increases.

Post by Guerrilla Roach on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Sad to say but National have been down this path before. The last time the talk was the same and it was a prelude to privatisation. They are saying that they are not planning this at the moment, but it is a worrying sign. What is more, they have the perfect environment to make change. The economic illusion gives the perfect excuse. This system is based on greed and in my opinion destined to fail. Sad
Guerrilla Roach

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:42 pm

they keep it quiet from the ppl they are supposed to be serving
due to fear of starting the panic rush mentality.
sad to say,the system is in tatters.
I trust no-one
in polytics
at all.
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach on Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:08 am

Indeed they seem to be a self serving lot. Sad really that we as a society cooperate with them as we do, instead of utilising our agency in our democracies. But sadly representative democracies will always attract the corruptible into positions of power. As long as politicians keep the majority fooled into believing that they are powerless, and this is the best direction, we will stay in the social quagmire that we currently live within.
Guerrilla Roach

Back to top Go down

Post by Me on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:11 pm

I can understand why that might happen, the money has to come from somewhere to help ACC pay for everything. The government will not be getting as much tax out of people in these tough times to be able to cover everything that is needed. I think that the people who cause the accidents (if through breaking the road rules) or get traffic fines should have to pay extra over a period of 5 years or so, reducing each year if they have no more fines.

Me

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Yet the government is still proceeding with another tax cut. The money does have to come from somewhere, but there is, even in these times, more than enough to go around. This economic crisis is 50% illusion and 50% mismanagement (fraud, theft, incompetence). The idea that capitalism and neo-liberalism are the best system to run the world is a fundamentally false presupposition. One only has to look as far as Scandinavia to see a much better and fairer system. The failure of western democracies to tie down corporate cowboys highlights the hijacking of our representative systems by big business interests.

We find ourselves once again at the mercy of greed and selfishness. If humanity refuses to understand our symbiosis with each other, our need to care for and nurture each other, we will carry on down the path of degradation and destruction. Our societies are bleeding from gapping wounds that cripple us and send more and more into poverty, psychological trauma, and despair. The world as we live in it is a direct result of the very few hording the mass majority of the worlds resources.

America is a fine example of why ACC needs to stay much the way it is. ACC exists to stop people suing each other; stop private insurance from denying care on various reasons - leaving people to struggle with massive bills or go untreated, and to provide cover to the most vulnerable. If we all paid our fair share, all could be supported easily. But while Daddy Warbucks and Scrooge McDuck want an extra private jet and luxury liner, we will remain in the crap that we are in now.
Guerrilla Roach

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite on Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:04 am

guerrilla roach you make a lot of sense!!!

my huge annoyance over acc levies going up is...people breaking the law, getting hurt and then being looked after by acc...I am talking about drunk drivers...burglers...people who are already in prison for robbery/assult/rape etc etc.

why dont they stop helping out criminals!!!!!!!
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Me on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:13 am

why dont they stop helping out criminals!!!!!!!

They should, and the criminals should have to pay extra to cover the ACC and medical costs for genuine users.

Guerrilla Roach - you are quite right.
There is a lot of bad things happening in the world, but if you let it get to you it will send you into a major depression. I think that all we can do is to try not to be like those people that you mentioned, but focus on the genuine ones who will suffer if people like you and I don't try to help them. So many rely on ACC and the health boards in the hardest times of their lives and it would be devastating if it wasn't there for them to access. I don't mind paying a little more if it will help someone who needs it, giving up the tax cuts so that the Government could put that money into the right areas would be better, I agree.

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:24 am

If we don't help EVERYONE, we fail EVERYONE. A person who fails in some way is still a human being. If we are determined to create second class citizens of those who criminally offend we fail with them. Once again I draw your attention to Scandinavia, where they have a more inclusive justice system and conversely the lowest crime and imprisonment rates in the world. All the countries that are totally punitive in their justice systems have massive crime rates and bulging prison populations. If we fail to care for those who don't meet the mark, we doom them to a cycle of crime and poverty. Sorry mate I just can't agree on this one. But thanks for the debate. I love debates Smile.
Guerrilla Roach

Back to top Go down

Post by Me on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:25 am

Guerrilla Roach

If everyone though like you it would be a lovely word we live in. Very Happy

Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guerrilla Roach on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks Dude Smile

I believe it's not too late.
Guerrilla Roach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu May 14, 2009 6:10 am

I agree with Me... but that sentence did sound a little weird....hmmm you know what I mean...Me the poster one up from GR... not me the person typing this...hmmm did that confuse you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top