The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Counselling in Hamilton

3 posters

Go down

Counselling in Hamilton Empty Counselling in Hamilton

Post by george Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Hi everyone. My name is Vicky. In the past i had postnatal depression after my 10 year old was born. Then due to emotional issues i got depression. After been off meds for nearly two years i got depression again. Recently i stopped taking them but that turned everyone's life into hell. I made life really hard and it took a big toll on me. All i did was sleep and be really moody. Yesterday i went back to the dr and are now back on meds. Someone suggested some counselling also which i think could be a good idea but are not really sure where to start looking and what is available for people with depression and people with low self esteem etc. I want to see someone who is safe and does not judge people as i feel very judged by peole just looking at me. If anyone could direct me in the right direction it would be great. Thank heaps. Very Happy

george

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Counselling in Hamilton Empty Re: Counselling in Hamilton

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Vicky. Though I'm not in Hamilton, I know of this site that lists counselors in various cities.

http://www.naturaltherapypages.co.nz/

Hope it helps,
Geoff

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:13 am

Hey Vicky, another Hamiltonian here too Smile

I go to Christine Vorster (Chartwell), she is a psychologist, and I found her much better than a counsellor as such. Not cheap though, $130 (last time I went) an hour, but that is pretty much the price for all of them now unless you are able to get into the public system, and then I don't think you have a choice of who you go to. I am not eligible for the public system so have to pay...

Christine has been fantastic and I have found that after initial few visits I only need an occasional 'maintenance' visit with her to keep things going...it can take a while to get to see her (sometimes 2-3 weeks wait) but well worth it and once you are on her books you can book ahead anyway.

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by george Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Thanks for that lowdown. I have got the dr on Friday so are going to ask him as well if he can recommend someone also. Ihave been doing well the last few days which feels great. Have been setting myself small goals and achieveing them.

george

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 am

Good luck, george. I was lucky enough to get an appointment this week when someone else cancelled, now just have to find the pennies Sad

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 am

Vicky,

I don't know if you are still seeking someone to talk things through with? But if you are, maybe these folk are worth contacting?

http://www.barnardos.org.nz/ContactUs/Waikato.asp

If nothing else, they may be able to offer you guidance as to where you can turn? Take care, eh?

flower
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by george Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:01 am

Thanks paddy. I will get in touch with them on monday as i do need someone o talk to about everything.

george

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down