User Names n stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

User Names n stuff

Post by Admin (Paddy) on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:25 pm

Hiya,

Although I did keep the option open for folk to change their User Names here (unlike say TradeMe, where you're stuck with the name you originally chose) it does make it less easy for some of us here to keep track of whom is whom when user names do change.

You can change your User Name if you must, but please keep in mind that doing so may cause some confusion as folk tie in your 'new' name with the name under which you first signed up at TBBD and may have become known by either via Posts here on the Message Board or in the Chat Room. But thats our problem, not necessarily yours.

But, as for email addies, not in the User Name itself, please.

You can put ALL your contact details on your profile page if you really want to, but please don't include an email addy in a User Name itself, k? Please think about your personal safety when deciding what personal info to display in your profile here at TBBD, 'cos safety is important.

User Names as well as Message Threads are viewable here by Guests n people who for whatever reason visit TBBD but don't sign up. That potentially, makes contact details 'harvestable' and I take personal security and members security fairly seriously.

If you guys, any of you, want to change your User Name for any reason, you can and similarly, if you want other members to be able to contact you outside of time spent at TBBD feel free to put your contact details on your personal profile here but please, not as part of a User Name.

Oh, and its the last day of 2008, so they reckon? Happy New Year then.

Thanks, Pat.

This Thread is Now Closed.
cat
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: User Names n stuff

Post by ZenMonsta on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Nah its not
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:28 pm

hehe
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) on Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm

Um mate, I don't often do much here as Admin, but when I do, I really do mean it.

I know you're just having fun n all, but please, not in Admin Posts.

Ta.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top