The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monsta's Controlled Breathing Technique

Go down

Monsta's Controlled Breathing Technique Empty Monsta's Controlled Breathing Technique

Post by lowdown Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:10 am

I thought this could do with a topic all of its own or it will be lost in the original thread launching this forum Smile just me being an organiser again LOL:

Controlled Breathing Technique 1

[b]

Find comfy quiet spot on the floor and lay down on your back on a rug or blanket

stretch your arms above your head and breath in and stretch from the tips of your toes to the tips of your fingers

bring your arms back down to your sides and take 5 deep slow breathes in and out.......in through your nose and out through you mouth

take your hands and lay them palm down on your abdomen

counting to 5 in your head take a slow breath in through your nose, feeling your abdomen expand under your hands

hold the breath to a count of 5

counting to 5 in your head exhale through your mouth, feel your abdomen relax under your hands

repeat 5 times

and finish with 5 long slow breaths and relax

if you struggle to do a 5 count just bretah in andout for as long as your feel comfortable with.....over time you will be able to extend to a 5 count

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Monsta's Controlled Breathing Technique Empty Re: Monsta's Controlled Breathing Technique

Post by Guest Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:51 am

hmmm I'll give it a go I think!

Back to top Go down