The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, I'm new

+3
lil_miss_haley
ZenMonsta
Bluezero
7 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm new Empty Hi, I'm new

Post by Bluezero Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:07 am

Hi everyone

I don't really want to tell you guys what my name is, but I'm a 22 year old female. I suffer from major depression and borderline personality disorder. Things haven't been good lately. I've been doing silly things. Like overdosing, and drinking oven cleaner. I spent one night in the hospital cos of the oven cleaner. The doctors say I was lucky that I didn't damage my throat. I just feel so empty and low. I struggle to keep positive and trying to keep my head up. It's just so hard. I just feel like laying down and let people trample over me. I don't care anymore. I see a pysch nurse and a pyschiatrist. I see my pysch nurse tomorrow and the pyschiatrist on thursday. Hopefully we can adjust my medication. I think the abilify needs to be increased.
I have a meeting on thursday with the local polytech. I might be able to do part of the secretary course again, cos I failed it 2 years ago. So I'm hoping that'll go well. I don't know what else to write... hope maybe I get some advice...

Cheers
Bluezero
Bluezero
Bluezero

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm new Empty Re: Hi, I'm new

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:46 am

Hi Bluezero and welome to The Big Black Dog.

Please use the site as you wish....we have no rules except treatingn eachother with respect and kindness, Its not all gloom and doon here....trust me we have some laughs....some of us thought that wasnt possible when we first arrived but as we grow and learn and trust eachother and share some of ourselves the laughter just happens.

Please join us in the real time chat room when you feel ready......its a great way to get to know eachother. Dont be disheartened if you enter chat and there seems to be noone around....sometimes folks are lurking and like every chatroom there are busy and quiet periods.

A little about me....my name is Ness, I am an alcoholic at the beginning of the recovery process. I suffer from depression also. I am a single parent of the most wonderful child in the world (I know Iknow..we all thinks orurs is the most wonderful..and they are...lol)

I am currently not working and just taking some time out to work on my problems and discover a little more about me. I have had a particularly trying couple of years and have been brought to my knees by my disease.

With the help of people here and other organisations I am slowly beginning to realise that I am worth fighting for.

I know others here will be able to relate to your story as you will no doubt be able to relate to ours. We are all on seperate but similar journeys...and as they say..there is strength in numbers.

We look forward to getting to know you better.

Hugs

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:17 am

Hi bluezero,

Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself with us. I have depression but am getting on top of it. This place has helped me so much, whenever I feel down I come here instead of doing silly things. The people here are amazing.

Hugs hun, Im proud of you for doing something about it. That can be so hard. Good luck with meeting with polytech too.

Looking forward to hearing so much more about you and maybe having a chat sometime.

Haley xXx HUGS!!
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:46 am

Hi Bluezero, Good to have you here - Depression is not an easy thing to deal with, eh. I hope you find it helpful to come in here and read posts and maybe join the chatroom (at bottom of home page) As Monsta says we have a laugh - and support and help each other. Welcome .... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 am

Welcome Bluezero hun.
Thank you for sharing that with all of us, it can't have been easy for you.
Me and the big word Depression are the worst of friends, and I've found a lot of reassurance in this site.
I hope it brings you some too, tis an awesome bunch of people here... utterly fantastic!!

DD
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphingurl Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:02 am

Hi Bluezero nice to have you here. This place is great. I've only been coming here for a couple of weeks myself but these guys have made me feel so welcome and wanted. I have been in a half way house for attempted suicide and severe depression and borderline personality disorder so i have been there. This board is such a good place to come chat instead of wanting to do something silly, these guys have helped me when i'm low. I've got some serious family stuff going on right now but coming here and talking is great. So feel free to come chat to me if you want, i'm here to listen and to help.
MC
Dolphingurl
Dolphingurl

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi bluezero, Welcome to TBBD! Ive not been here too long but have found the place and especially the people who use it so supportive and friendly!
I have major depressive disorder and disthymic disorder as well as health issues. Like everyone else has said, its not all doom and gloom here and we do have a laugh now and then, but we definatly support each other!
So Welcome!
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: