Be part of probiotics and depression research at UC, Chch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be part of probiotics and depression research at UC, Chch

Post by UCnutritionresearch on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:54 am

Hi,

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place - I'm new here!

I work at the Mental Health and Nutrition lab at UC, and I'm currently running a trial looking at whether probiotics could be a new natural treatment for depression. I'm looking for participants who would like to be involved in this trial, who must be:

*Feeling depressed/low (no formal diagnosis required)
*Not currently taking antidepressants, or any other psychoactive medications
*Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
*Living in or near Christchurch (must make 3 trips to the University of Canterbury)

Participants get a $10 petrol voucher at each visit to the University, get quality probiotics for the duration of the trial, and will be helping us to further the scientific understanding of depression and possible future treatments (which we really appreciate!)

If you're interested in taking part please look at our webpage (on my profile on the right  Arrow), where there's lots more information about the study - sorry, I'm new so can't post the link yet. Or if you want to ask any questions please feel free Smile 

Thanks!
UCnutritionresearch

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-21

http://bit.ly/DepressionStudy

Back to top Go down

Sorry

Post by UCnutritionresearch on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Ah, sorry folks - just saw the Sticky about research posts on here... waiting for reply from admin about whether I should take this down. Sorry if I've caused any offence, or made anyone feel uncomfortable! If any members have a problem with this thread, or if I'm instructed to take it down by Admin, I will delete my account and leave y'all alone. The only reason I haven't already is because I believe this research to be very beneficial to many participants (not all, unfortunately, but we're still looking for a treatment that works for everyone!) and of course it could be very beneficial to many people living with depression in the future.

Please let me know if you think I should take this down, while I await my reply from Admin. Thanks!  Smile
UCnutritionresearch

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-21

http://bit.ly/DepressionStudy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top