How did they put Humpty Dumpty back together again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How did they put Humpty Dumpty back together again?

Post by d-ranjd on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:57 am

Hi everyone,

Not too sure what to say here. Just wanted to introduce myself, I guess.
Thanks Paddy for making this group/forum/resource.
I'm in my early 40's in Christchurch, suffering from depression, anxiety, and some PTS. On meds and therapy.
I should have my life sorted out by now ... but seems like the more energy I put into things, the more they fall apart (or at least that's what it looks like to me).
Have been going through a particularly tough time over the last 2 and half years.
Facing another major change in life in the next couple of months, which is wreaking havoc with my mind.
I like things sorted (at least in my mind) and the fact that a lot of it depends on others leaves me feeling helpless and anxious.
Anyway, say hi if you feel like it. I am harmless :-)
Thanks.
d-ranjd

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How did they put Humpty Dumpty back together again?

Post by zin on Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 am

hi and hugs. welcome to the forum Smile
zin

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by d-ranjd on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:24 am

Thank you zin. That's very kind of you.
Hugs back.
d-ranjd

Back to top Go down

Post by mangayoledawg on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 am

Hi I hope you feel better soon. I too am 40ish in chch.

I am more anxiety and various than depression these days, but have also had a bad couple of years. Outfits are still giving me some grief, but it doesn't affect the core me as much now and I am able to get on with some good things at the moment.

I am keen to meet new people on line and especially people with the rich tapestry of mental illness as I think it gives us more strength and humility in the end.

Kia Toa, peace love and hippidy hops
mangayoledawg

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by d-ranjd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:21 am

Hi mangayoledawg,

Nice to meet you online. Welcome to the forum. I joined relatively recently as well. It is a shame that such a good resource is being over-run by a couple of spammers.

I like how you call it the "rich tapestry of mental illness". I don't think I've heard it referred to as such. I like. :-) I am sure you are right - that it gives us more strength and humility in the end. I'm not sure I need *that much strength and humility lol ... a little less would be ok with me too :-)

I am just coming out of my personal hell and dealing with a bit of PTS and med withdrawals. Makes for interesting days. I am nowadays able to have moments with my head above water and be more reflective and both slightly outward looking and also reflective. That makes for a stark contrast with the last couple of years where I really was drowning. It still is a long process to recovery, and I'm not good at giving it time.

It is encouraging to hear that you are now able to take things in your stride, and I particularly like that things don't affect your core as much. When the core gets shaken, it affects every part of you.

Feel free to write me any time. I would be keen to get to know your story as well.
d-ranjd

Back to top Go down

Post by mangayoledawg on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:22 am

That's awesome, lucky we both saw each other online on the same day !  I like your outlook, and how you are realistic but looking forwards to things and not taking heaps of things for granted.

Yeah I guess spammers try and ruin everything as they are at a loss for anything constructive to do.

Sorry you get to be so strong and on to it one day - hehe such a cross to bear... although PTS - evil hell that be. Am sure experienced it after my first birthing experience went hideously wrong and we were discriminated against in the hospital and they tried to separate baby and parents. We were in a new country and midwifery was illegal which all didn't help.
It took several years before I could talk about it without getting hugely upset. I get the impression it hugely changed me based on how people treat me now, it's not a major to me but I lost some really chilled serene part of myself that I don't think I have got back yet. I miss it thought, trusting almost everyone kinda.

I like your water analogy. Am sure you will have more and more buoyant moments until they start joining up together into one generally great time :thumbsup:

We also  have a younger person in my family who is doing amazingly coming out from under a bipolar diagnosis. She gives me strength just by her example every day/week now, seeing how sorted all these once out of control compartments of her life are, whereas a few years back she was rapidly getting locked up, petri dished, alienating people and self harming to the point of needing her shoelaces removed etc.

I am starting to wonder if the world is going in such a dark direction at times, that maybe it is completely NORMAL to go a bit mental for a while!

Anyway I  like to be a positive person and I will defo write to you when the kids are more sorted for the evening, or tomorrow. I'm going to leave the tab open so I won't forget.

I also had an amazing ph convo with this guy called James at Anxiety Support. org .nz today, even though technically he is employed on the depression side of things.

I love the way they look for other alternatives to endless chain prescriptions that I'm sure many of us realise have their own cons in the long term.

I live on the north side of the city by the way.

Cool to meet a fellow trooper! What choice emoticons they have here lol  cyclops Kia kaha e hoa; kia toa, kia manawanui. albino
mangayoledawg

Back to top Go down

Post by d-ranjd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:31 am

Hey, thanks for the link to anxiety support. I had not come across that one before. I'll have to have a good look through their site.

For some weird reason, I have suddenly stopped being able to send PMs. They get stuck in my outbox - and never make it to the sentbox. I've asked the admin about it - but haven't got an answer yet.

If you are still around - pop into the chat for a sec.
d-ranjd

Back to top Go down

Post by mangayoledawg on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:23 pm

Oh, I wouldn't know how to do that yet, plus I am quite unlearned on my linux so some things are not very compatible and I can't always find a work around. I'll have a go though, and

also at this pm business myself eh...
mangayoledawg

Back to top Go down

Post by d-ranjd on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Ah - I was referring to the chatbox on this site (at the bottom of the homepage when you are logged in).

Very cool - you're a linux user, huh?

Yeah, I have somehow lost the ability to Private Message (it is intermittent). The message just gets stuck in my outbox and doesn't make it to my sentbox.

Anyway, you seem to have the ability to PM, so only if you want, Private message me with your email addy and I can get back to you that way.

I have asked the admins to look into it, but I haven't got a reply.
d-ranjd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top