The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey. I'm new here :]

5 posters

Go down

Hey. I'm new here :] Empty Hey. I'm new here :]

Post by RachSta Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:00 pm

[b]Hey there. I'm 18 years old. Have been battling with depression on and off since a young age, but recently am crying constantly through the day, which I never used to do. No motivation. Have considered going to a doc for antidepressants, but I am highly sensitive to tablets and normally suffer side effects...Don't seem to be making any improvements, and being a teen is difficult enough as it is, without this. They say when you hit rock bottom, you can either go up, or go down, and at the moment I'm kinda in the stalemate position. Neither option is without its difficulties..Any help whatsoever would be beyond appreciated I love you xx

RachSta

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Hey. I'm new here :] Empty Re: Hey. I'm new here :]

Post by Admin (Paddy) Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Hiya, RachSta,

I'm glad you decided to come over, have a look around and join us. Welcome to The Big Black Dog

Hey, and well done for having the courage and good sense to post what you did on that other site. Thats a good way to start regaining some control over your life.

After you have seen your GP and talked about and maybe even have been prescribed some meds, you will still have questions about them, just because you're stressed and maybe your memories not so great at times. Thats cool - you can check every medication prescribable in NZ on the governments MedSafe website. They have Fact Sheets on specific meds both for medical professionals and for consumers.

I won't post the link here right now - there's no point in reading up on or stressing out about stuff you may not be prescribed, or even need cos it sounds as though you're stressed enough as it is?

Hopefully you will feel safe and able to ask or say just about anything here at The Big Black Dog - thats why it exists. And feel free to add to any existing Messages, too.

Take care,
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by gypzy Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:52 am

Hi RachSta
Welcome to the site.I also am sensitive to medications including herbals Sad
Its horrid as i had tried so many, I am currently on one now that yes i am getting side effects from but am just for now grinning and trying to bear with it.I was on a down wind spiral ,i am atab better now ,still awee way to go for me.

gypzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by nzgirl Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:59 am

Heya Rachstar, welcome to the site Smile Just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel corner - even if it's around the corner.

nzgirl

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 am

Hey RachStar,

Unfortunately it's sometimes a battle with trial and error, I am trying to stay off the prescription stuff and have been tryin different stuff from health shop etc, not alway cheapest option, but getting there.

This site is good too, and will only get better as more people come on board and share with us all. Sometimes just having somewhere to talk with people who can relate to what you are feeling can help.

Good luck and let us know how you go.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RachSta Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 am

Thankyou so much guys :] Am having a doc appointment hopefully tomorrow. Am very nervous. How do you tell a doctor out of the blue that for the past 5+ years you've been depressed. I don't want him to think Its all in my head etc

RachSta

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gypzy Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:35 am

I would just go along and see the doctor and say " look theres something not right with me" i get tired, cry etc....what ever your symptoms are. be honest about it, its the best you can do.I was and i got so much help from a new doctor i have recently changed to, who alos monitors me as well on the phone every 2 days Smile

gypzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum