Hard being the carer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hard being the carer

Post by Markim on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:06 am

My husband has been diagnosed with melancholia - he also uses cannabis to self medicate his anxiety and symptoms. After two years he has finally seen a psychiatrist who prescribed better meds which are helping.
That's great but I am so over the whole carer thing. I feel like giving up even though he is making progress. We also have an 8 month old so hence the most recent 'encourgament' to get help as I don't want our baby to grow up around substance use. (He doesn't do it around here). Sorry for he ramble - there are days that I just want to give up - melancholia sucks - he's non responsive to me and can put on a 'mask' as he calls it when others come over - I just sometimes wish he were better, able to work, contribute in some way. I keep reading its the illness but have to admit I often think how easy it would be just to leave the relationship. I love him but don't always feel he loves me - how much of it is the melancholia versus him??? Sad days at the mo and glad I found his group as would be really keen on some mutual support thanks

Markim

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-11-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum