Beauty's all around and all I want to do is cry...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Beauty's all around and all I want to do is cry...

Post by CycleChris on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:31 am

Hello
I came across this site in doing some research about Dysthymia, which I suffer from... sigh.

It's been going on for some time. I have suffered depression in the past, and now this. I know it's a) biological and b) hereditary. I have been on fluox in the past 10 years but I've stopped it as I don't want to be a slave to a pill.

Currently I'm feeling quite low most days, and teary. I really would like to cry, but I can't for some reason. I just feel teary.

The dysthymia is having an effect on me, and unfortunately adverse effects on my relationships with the world around me, and on my ability to thrive / survive in this world.

I have to move to a position of strength somehow - but it's going to have to be down to me to do it by myself as I'm too skint to pay for counselling services...I've had some CBT in the past, and it seems to be the recommended treatment for dealing with this kind of black dog - so I will have to do some reading and self-talk.

Fortunately I've made myself join a gym so I am getting some exercise most weeks, on top of the small amount of commuter cycling that I do. And I have a tendency to eat well i.e. healthy foods, and rarely drink to excess (my body can only handle about 3 glasses of wine before I feel I need to throw up). So that's a good start, but it's my MIND that I need to change...

Any hints on doing 'mind' work?

CycleChris

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Beauty's all around and all I want to do is cry...

Post by Robynrose on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi Cyclechris,
Sorry to read you are soooo sad at the mo.... You mentioned being on fluox for 10 years... Did they help your moods?? I too decided I wasn't going to be a pill popper and got myself into more strife so now reckon if a pill a day makes my life easier to handle well so be it.....

Cheers R
Robynrose

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy_Ducks on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 am

i have no idea what Dysthymia is.

sorry to hear about your position.

mind work - mike dooley, wayne dyer, louise hay are all magical people that help with mind work. you can search them out on youtube, they have followings on facebook and they are very inspiring, and 'real'. look for talks, rather than interviews Smile
Fluffy_Ducks

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Scamp on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:35 am

Hi CycleChris,

I joined this forum about a week ago. Been reading the threads. Started posting.

You sound similar to me.

I haven't been diagnosed with dysthymia but I would say I have had it from birth. I put it down to my nature to back off in stressful situations. Apparently people tend to do this or aggressively stand up for themselves. Didn't know what it was until I just read up on it.

I've also had CBT but gave up on it after about five or six sessions. I was also on medication for a while. Good but not necessary. Eat and exercise well at the moment.

A little uneasy in social situations. Have given up on a social life. I think it's over-rated - for me at least. Generally disappointed with society in general. Have met a couple of soul mates but they're better off without me. We're still friends. Find a reclusive life-style okay after you get used to it. Plenty of time to catch up on things. Should have done it years ago. Better late than never.

My advice is to look after number one. Do what you are comfortable with. Be patient with people and remain calm and considerate. If someone is annoying you then distance yourself from them if possible.

Feel free to comment or ask for elaboration.
Scamp

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top