The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish me luck

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wish me luck - Page 2 Empty Re: Wish me luck

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 23, 2012 5:17 am

Hey Music

I posted a huge reply on here yesterday and its not here!!! fark thats not ok, my computer has been playing up, last night I couldn't get on any internet and then things that should have been posted haven't bah humbug!!!

My arms are really sore today, so cant type for too long,

but I am here (when the stupid compooter lets me)

I understand you freaking out a tad about the "seeing ways to kill yourself" theres so many ways aye? maybe if you could walk lots, (that helps heaps)) and 10 to 20 mins of sunshine is actually theraputically (sp) beneficial AND some funny dvds that actually MAKE you laugh.

they would be a huge help.

gotta go mate I'm sorry, just so sore.
am thinking of you and will pop in later once the painkillers have kicked in.

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks for posting Beej. Am doing ok so far. Just wish I could stay in bed and not move. So nice and warm in my nest.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu May 24, 2012 3:47 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Thanks for posting Beej. Am doing ok so far. Just wish I could stay in bed and not move. So nice and warm in my nest.

yip I'm with you there,
I would like to be able to stay in bed asleep and not be woken by people, that really peeves me!!
BUT alas I must admit I am normally woken up with a hot cuppa ~ yummy!!

hows the cats doing? are they happy to have you home? have you been for any walks these last couple of days?

I have found out just how quickly the temp has dropped as normally I leave here to walk with just a t-shirt on and start to cook about 10 houses down, the last few days I have been leaving here with a sweatshirt on and never gotten hot, AND had to walk in the sunshine, to me theres definitely something wrong with that picture.

anyhoo will waddle off, fell over today and am feeling quite dizzy so am gong to go and lie down. Look after you alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 24, 2012 7:38 am

The cats are happy to have me home - another body to curl up to and warm in the middle of the night.

Struggling with motivation and feeling really apathetic right now. Just don't care anymore. Blah. My only real action today was cleaning out the fridge. DH apparently doesn't think food needs removing if it's in a storage container. pale Oh dear.... ecosystems were forming!

How is it you get woken with a hot cuppa?
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sat May 26, 2012 11:38 am

HI ya, sorry I haven't been around for a while,
hot cuppa !! the hubby makes me one every morning, altho just lately hes started slacking off, so I'll have to give him a boot and re-vive him a bit. haha

glad your cats are happier,

I fell over at the gas station on Thursday it really threw me out, hurt like buggery too, really shook the "OLD" body up thats for sure.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sun May 27, 2012 5:57 am

Owwww! No falling! Especially when there's likely to be an audience Sad You doin ok now??

Hubby just left for a week's training. It happens to be spectacularly bad timing.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun May 27, 2012 1:07 pm

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Owwww! No falling! Especially when there's likely to be an audience Sad You doin ok now??

Hubby just left for a week's training. It happens to be spectacularly bad timing.

yeah thanks I'm ok NOW, falling seems to really throw me out tho and the old fibro doesn't like it.
so have spent a realtively quiet weekend "recovering" altho me knee is pretty scarred and the leg that goes with it is very sore to move. But I have painkillers (they rock) I love them but try NOT to take them, so we shall try to continue to get better.

Wow it is bad timing for both you & your hubby, will he be ok being away from you? and how will you cope? do you have support while he's gone? I'll try to check on here at least 2 or 3 times daily so that I can be here for you.

wishing you all the best. Wish me luck - Page 2 48687

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Mon May 28, 2012 6:07 am

Ohhh bless you!

Poor hubby was really worried I'd "do something" while he was away. I'm coping by helping another friend who's on the rocks... and it's weird.... neither of us can do it for ourselves, but can for the other person. So we're mutually propping each other up and just trying to get by.

One day down... 5 to go.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon May 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Music,

I'm pleased that you got home. It's a shame that your hubby has had to go away so soon after that though. Take things minute by minute if you have to in order to get through. Regarding your friend, sometimes I think it is easier to help someone else than to help yourself.

Take care
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 am

hey Music

how are you today? are you still helping your friend out?
you've been in my thoughts,

I went for a walk today only about 3 to 4ks, but it almost killed me, I havent walked any distance at all since falling over last week and I am finding that my leg muscles keep siezing on my sooo sore, BUT I did it, I didn't feel great for it, when I had finished but now an hour or so later and slowly starting to feel a bit better, I love walking.

I hope that you are ok? Laughing

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 30, 2012 7:09 am

Was a rough day today, feeling incredibly flat and everything feels like a daydream.

Was asked by another friend to go visit her with her new baby... I ended up going out and buying lots of stuff for bubs, and helping around the house. Back to reality now...

glad to hear you're getting out and moving Beej... but can't help but think you're gonna be feeling that walk tomorrow!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 pm

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Was a rough day today, feeling incredibly flat and everything feels like a daydream.

Was asked by another friend to go visit her with her new baby... I ended up going out and buying lots of stuff for bubs, and helping around the house. Back to reality now...

glad to hear you're getting out and moving Beej... but can't help but think you're gonna be feeling that walk tomorrow!

Babies, they are sooo lovely aye? when their asleep, I love babies that aren't mine.

I hope that going out with your friend helped you not to feel so flat.

I wasn't sore yesterday isn't that wierd? I thought that I would be too, but NO!!
but I didn't walk yesterday as I can either walk or bake or clean the house, I cant do all of those.

How are you today?

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Still in bed, with both my furbabies keeping me company (AKA hogging the bed).

The appt I had with my doc got cancelled yesterday... I'm underwhelmed by the level of support offered since I was discharged from hospital.

Saw my psychologist yesterday. He's strongly endorsed the idea of me getting a dog as "you're good at taking care of other people/things, and not so much yourself". figures the dog would give me motivation to get out each day, exercise etc... We'll see.

Work is starting to put the pressure on. Not so happy about that. I really don't want to return.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu May 31, 2012 10:58 pm

Music, the dog could be good motivation for you, just make sure that is not the only reason that you are getting a dog. Are you and your hubby in a position where you could leave your job if needed?
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 31, 2012 11:27 pm

we think we can afford it if I need to leave. It'd be a major rethink re how we live currently... but doable.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:56 am

I know it's probably not ideal, especially with how hard it is to get a job at the moment, but if work won't allow you to take the time of that you need and are putting pressure on you, it's not going to help. But also on the other hand you've got to think about whether leaving your job is then going to put pressure on you such as thinking of finances etc and also what you could do to keep yourself going if you aren't working. Volunteer work is an option. Do you have the option to maybe go to part-time work at your current workplace?

I've been through a similar thing in 2010 with work putting pressure on me to work and it ended up that I done as they asked, went downhill and then they fired me.

Don't rush into any decision though, and it really needs to be a choice that you and your hubby make together and are in agreement with. I'm not sure how WINZ work with a partner working, but you may qualify for some sort of assistance through them as well.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm trying to push you into anything, coz I'm not, so sorry if that's what it feels like, I'll shut up now.

Anyway, on another note, how are you coping with your hubby being away? Hope your furbabies gave you some room in the bed.

Take care
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:23 am

Have to have a meeting with work, health and safety etc to discuss my return to work, supervision etc. I'm going to request part time hours... and see how they go with that. If they refuse, then that's something we'll need to look at then.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Have to have a meeting with work, health and safety etc to discuss my return to work, supervision etc. I'm going to request part time hours... and see how they go with that. If they refuse, then that's something we'll need to look at then.

wow you are so lucky to have a job, I really miss working,
is your boss nice, do you think they will be able to swing it for you to work part time?

do you like your job?

I used to work with IHC and loved it, you could laugh and laugh and laugh, and it was such fun.
loved being there and working there.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:08 am

My boss is all about the numbers... so won't go out of his way to accommodate me. As for enjoying it... not lately. Not for a while actually.

Well, my best friend got admitted last night Crying or Very sad so kinda going through the wringer again, via her. She seems mad at me for supporting the admission process. I'm struggling, feeling like I'm not doing so good all by myself, let alone having the extra patience etc required for her right now.

At least hubby's home... that has made things feel so much easier.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Music,

Sorry to hear about your friend, good luck with your boss, and pleased to hear your hubby is back home. Hope you are doing ok.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:26 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:My boss is all about the numbers... so won't go out of his way to accommodate me. As for enjoying it... not lately. Not for a while actually.

Well, my best friend got admitted last night Crying or Very sad so kinda going through the wringer again, via her. She seems mad at me for supporting the admission process. I'm struggling, feeling like I'm not doing so good all by myself, let alone having the extra patience etc required for her right now.

At least hubby's home... that has made things feel so much easier.

Hey Music

Glad to hear that your hubby is home, that must be great for you huh?

If you supported your best friend going into the hospital you must have been concerned for her huh? if so then good on you for that? it must have been really really hard for you to do especially considering where you were, so good on you for looking out for your friends best interests. without trying to sound condescending good on you and well done.

NOW Exclamation Exclamation

I hope this doesn't come across wrong BUT Exclamation Exclamation

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

can you look after yourself FIRST and FOREMOST, in order for you to be ok, you HAVE to put YOU first!!
and then everything else will fall into place where its meant to be.

you matter LOTS Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

hoping that the rest of your weekend is awesome. Wish me luck - Page 2 565675 Wish me luck - Page 2 158205

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Beej: am trying my hardest!

The funny thing is, when mentioning to my psychologist that I wanted to get a dog, he was massively supportive, saying it was the best idea I'd had in order to balance lifestyle etc... because I suck at taking care of myself, but I'm good at taking care of others... so if I have a dog that needs walking, I'll go walking... etc etc DH not so convinced... but it kinda rings true to me.

No idea what we'll do today. DH is asleep beside me, cats purring on the bed....

Hope you both are having lovely weekends... nice and relaxed and fun.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:01 am

Dogs seriously ROCK!!!

I couldn't live without one, altho she can do my head in at times, shes my best friend and loves me no matter what and when I'm down or feeling blue she just stays by/with me and she loves me.

Having her means that I can be alone but I'm not alone, and for me (she keeps me physically safe) she is not a large dog (Australian Cattle Dog)
but she has the extreme potential to be VERY VERY aggressive IF she thinks that my well being is at risk.

I would say to you to go for it, BUT get something thats not high energy and will chill on the days that you need to chill. Walking is super good for the soul & the mind.

alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 am

Gah, I wrote a big long post and the internet ate it Evil or Very Mad

Long story short, am supposed to commence return to work program this week due to pressure from work. My doc isn't happy about it, but will see how we go.

Just ambling along....
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:37 am

Wow, and just like that I get slammed and am a bawling wreck.

WTF isn't euthanasia legal for humans???
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum