The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012

4 posters

Go down

WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012 Empty WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012

Post by Paddy Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 am

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012 Empty Re: WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks for that Paddy

do you know much about the Invalids Benefit, as I was thinking that I would like to apply for it, my husband is a student (full time) and works one day a week, and we have two teenage lads, and I know its a wee bit crazy but I'd really like to feel like I was bringing in some kind of income into the household.

I have always worked and this not being able to bring in an income kinda gets to me a wee bit.

I know that I could ring WINZ but would rather not, but will do if at the end of the day I need to. WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012 944681

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012 Empty Re: WINZ Benefit Rates Changes 01 April 2012

Post by logical-cents Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:57 am

logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:19 am

thanks for that LC
upon looking at it, no not eligible as the hubby is a student and on student allowance, IF he was on the dole (which pays the same amount as the student allowance) THEN I could, BUT again kicked in the butt because hes a student.

I tell you unless you really really desire to be qualified, dont go on the student allowance, they kick you so much and so hard its blardy amazing.

But thanks so much. clown

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy_Ducks Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:00 pm

I didn't know anything about this. I called Winz yesterday to say that i had moved and let them know my rent had changed. (I'm only entitled to accommodation supplement, and I'm happy with that)

the lady did a quick recalculation. previous rent was $260, now it's $325. and promptly come up with $40 less for me. (ahhh... thanks?? ) no dispute from me, because i wasn't really in the mood to think about it. 2 mins later i get a phone call from her because it looked odd to her, and not only has she given me the $40 back, she added another $5. yay. LOL
Fluffy_Ducks
Fluffy_Ducks

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:24 am

I’m glad things worked out eventually in your favour, FD.

The Link to WINZ ASUP information is http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/individuals/a-z-benefits/accommodation-supplement.html

For the purposes of assessing ASUP, NZ is divided into ‘zones’ and different thresholds and maximums etc apply depending on where you live.

Sounds like the case manager simply used to the wrong ‘zone’ for the initial assessment (very easy to do – I used to work with WINZ) and she did the right thing by not believing the ‘computer’ and making a reassessment and contacting you as soon as she could with corrected information.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum