The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moclobemide

3 posters

Go down

Moclobemide Empty Moclobemide

Post by nbt Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:25 am

Hello everyone,
I have suffered from Anxiety then Depression since the mid 1980's. I have been prescribed many different medications since then. In 2008 I had a gastric bypass operation which created absorbtion problems with my medications. I've been on SNRI's, SSRI's, etc. The latest meidcation is an MAOI called moclobemide. I started on 150mg per day then went to 300mg. I started itching, being rude and anxious so I had to come down to 150mg. I've been back on the reduced dose of 150mg for 10 days but my itching has got worst. Today my hands and feet were a little swollen. Have been taking anti-histamines for about 4 days now. Saw Dr a couple of days ago and as the medication is working in respect of the depression she asked me to stay on it for a little longer. I've felt the best depression wise I have for years but i can't stand itching all day long.
To those folk who have been on the Moclobemide, Has anyone had itching on this medication and if so did you stay on it? Did the itching decrease? Any solutions??

I'm running out of options medication wise.
nbt
nbt

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Moclobemide Empty Re: Moclobemide

Post by Mennis Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 am

Hi nbt

I was on Moclobemide for about three months but it seemed to make me worse, particularly as I increased the doses. Trying to recall what the side affects for that were but to be honest I cant really remember! Pretty sure there was no itchyness though. Mainly just problems in the sack! Sory not much help.

Have you tried venlafaxine? Has helped me quite a bit but Im falling off the wagon again now and have been told to try mertazapine in combination with it so will see how that goes....Hope the itching improves for you

Mennis

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-07-08

Back to top Go down

Moclobemide Empty spa in british virgin island

Post by nicolejohn Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks for this information.

nicolejohn

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-08-25

http://www.thespaatbeyc.com/

Back to top Go down