I stood up to a bully

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I stood up to a bully

Post by acb1987 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:10 am

My boss picked on me within the first month of employment. I've always been a little defiant, and will tell someone if I think something is wrong or unethical. Apparently that doesn't sit well with people who have been 'The Boss' for over 20 years.

He made my working life unbearable. Amidst the trauma of the Christchurch Earthquakes he would set me impossible stressful tasks, ignore me for days, plagerise my work and blame me for problems he had created. I attended weekly counselling sessions and upped my dose of citalopram to cope with the stress of life, work, PTS, and depression.

I quit my job, moved to Wellington and thought that I could move on. I still felt terrible that someone had treated me so poorly, and that someone could happily make my life hell and feel no remorse. It was a hard thing to do and I lost a few friends but I complained to the Board Members about his behaviour. This resulted in a full investigation, more complaints made by past and present staff that had also been the target of abuse and the bully Boss resigned.

I am proud that I got through that, I thought I wouldn't at the time. Now nobody else will have to suffer because of him, I wouldn't wish that treatment on anyone. I'm happy to say that negative thoughts of that time don't consume me any more, I'm totally over it and think that if I saw the bully again it wouldn't upset me. Yay!

acb1987

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: I stood up to a bully

Post by Apricot on Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:25 am

WOW. Excellent.Well done. You must feel very proud, and rightly so to see someone who has been causing grief to others.

Sadly, he may have merley moved on and be trying the same ole tricks, but hopefully he will keep getting put in his correct place.

Good on you ABC.
Apricot

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy_Ducks on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 am

That's awesome! it's great when you can stand up for yourself, and when the procedures and processes in place (aka the board members) validate your own thoughts about the problem it is really empowering.

well done!
Fluffy_Ducks

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top