socail anxiety

View previous topic View next topic Go down

socail anxiety

Post by youngmum on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:17 am

I have experienced socail anxiety really badly in the past (with people I dont know or large groups but I am fine with someone I know well). I would always worry what other people think.
How people will preceive me. Worry I would say the wrong thing. It got to he point I wouldnt say anything incase I said he wrong thing. I always felt I was not good enough or that I dont understand things properly. It was so painful. I am much better now though but still have issues with it. I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience please. As I have always felt I am so different and strange.from everybody else.

youngmum

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: socail anxiety

Post by 4below1 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:26 am

your not the only one. i always feel that way. you think your guna be judged for saying what you want to, and you think that your going to say the wrong thing all the time. you are good enough and people shouldnt judge before they get to no you. it takes time but if you wana talk then send me an email, youl be ok. just hang on it there

4below1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by youngmum on Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:41 am

thank u Very Happy

youngmum

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrybomb41290 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:23 am

i understand exactly, i have general
ized anxiety so meeting peopl
e for the first time i just get shaky as and sweat and sometimes cant talk properly. it makes life so much harder, finding employment having people understand you and people judging you all the time or feeling sorry for you.
things get so hard because i just shake all the time and people never see past that except some weird girl who is always scared
cherrybomb41290

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:48 am

It surely is hard going like you say cherrybomb. I really dont go out because of the anxiety. Have big troubles this time of year with the bustle and busyness. Sometimes its hard going for me getting out the front door to letter box etc. When I shop I just put my head down, get what I need, and get out and home asap. I often feel really dizzy and sick at the counters. I find the music in the shops all seems so loud, and the tills making all there beeps and voices etc.....woah, all too much for me. Driving has issues of its own also.....lets say, I drive lots of turns to the left, hate crossing traffic etc. Pathetic. I hate my self so much for being like this. Is extremely handicapping. So to speak.

If you are able to meet people, even if you shake, just keep on doing it. And be real proud. Wish I was as gusty. Good on you.
Apricot

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by youngmum on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:37 pm

cherry bomb and apricot thank you for posting:) I can relate to what both of you are saying! I have have same experiences as both of you and If you keep trying eventually it gets easier . changing my thoughts helped me it was rea hard tho and still is hard but it has goen easier to the point were i do have a life but i act a bit strange still lol Pm if you want to chat anytime i would love totalk to ppl who have similar experinces to me !

youngmum

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrybomb41290 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 am

thank you guys, i am starting study next year in janurary continuing on from last year, anyways i am so nervous and not looking forward to it at all, i just know what is going to happen i mean i am looking forward to studying and helping me get a job, but the first week my anxiety is going to be so hard out.

I find that with my problems when i have been anti social for a long time like not around different people or alot of people each day then my anxiety gets really bad. but if i am around different people each day it gets alot easier.

But i feel i have to do things like finding work and communicating each day or i will never be able to support myself to live.

Also at times i do not want to accept i have a problem, i find it embarrasing i just do not want people to judge me and everytime all i am thinking is i am going to get nervous and i just get so down everytime this happens.
cherrybomb41290

Back to top Go down

Post by youngmum on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:06 am

omg I cant believe it I was the same at uni ! seriously wat you said is like exactly how it was for me and still kinda is ..one thing that has helped me is when I find myself worrying about what other people think and them judging me is to tell myself its more important what I think of myself ....works for me lol
good luck for your studies Smile

youngmum

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrybomb41290 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:04 am

thank you:)

it is really great to know i am not a weirdo and other people have similar issues as well.
cherrybomb41290

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrybomb41290 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 pm

So today i started getting neck tremors again whenever someone shouted. I have finished my medication, i was put on anti-depressants just to stop me from getting so anxious and they worked.

i find councelling is so expensive as well, i wish there were a type of support group here for me. or others i could socialize with.
cherrybomb41290

Back to top Go down

Post by youngmum on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:28 am

I wish there was a support group to ! I would love to socailize with you but at the moment I don live in auckland!

youngmum

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrybomb41290 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:36 pm

happy new year everybody.

My anxiety in this new year has been so horrible.
I am nervous that i will never be able to get a job,
That there is going to be an earthquake
That i will be homeless if i dont clean my house from top to bottom

my anxiety is horrible right now.
cherrybomb41290

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down