The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fundraising for recovery (outside of the system)

Go down

fundraising for recovery (outside of the system) Empty fundraising for recovery (outside of the system)

Post by zanniyeah Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 am

As a child I was abused for two years. I witnessed grievous bodily harm and have been depressed ever since. So far I have been depressed for 9 years. I have a family history of mental illness.

I have been in and out of the public children's mental health system. As an adult I received a small amount of therapy from charities.

This year I have been in contact with mental health services central and west since approximately July (5 months).

In that time I have received no treatment whatsoever from the mental health services despite many hospital admissions for suicide attempts.

I have pleaded with them for respite care and therapy but have been told I will be called back, to never receive calls, or that someone else will take on my case, to never hear from them, or that I am currently suicidal to be told I pose no risk to myself, despite cutting my wrists while on suicide watch in hospital, or being just that morning pulled of Grafton bridge by the police.

The system doesn't work so im going to try private help.

The Ashburn Clinic is a private psychiatric center in Dunedin.

this is my last attempt at recovery.

the clinic costs $4400 per week which i cannot afford.

if you can help out my account is

zanni yeah
westpac
03 0175 0284789 000

thank you

zanniyeah

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-12-10

Back to top Go down