The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need advice please

3 posters

Go down

I need advice please Empty I need advice please

Post by Jank Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello

I am new to the is and am so thankful that i have found this site. My son is 28 years old he has bipolar. He lives a normal live, works hard , goes to the gym and trys really hard. He never tells people that he has a problem, he just gets on with it. He recently moved to Wellington to start a new job. He has been there for 5 months. Still cant find a gp has to go to newtown a&e. He lives alone and has looked and looked for nice flatmates who will just let him be him but maybe people sense soemthing, but they always say they will ring but never do. He is nealy a black belt, he does thai kick boxing, has joined a church. The problem is he is so lonely it breaks my heart. We live in Whangarei. He hates Whangarei as he has given so much shit when he was at school. He seems fine when he is working or keeping busy but last night was bad, it was his day off, he tells me this is when he feels bad, he says a wave comes over him and takes over him and he becomes depressed the littlest thing will set it off, he things sometimes then what is the point he just goes to work come home and repeat he says he is existing not living . He feels he is stuck between two worlds. I dont know how to help him and i so want to. I think the lonliness plays a big part and i think he is just searching for acceptance. Can you please tell me if there are any support groups in central wellington. He works at night starts at 10pm and has to catch the bus to work which takes about 35 minutes. He does not drive, so it would need to be easy to get to . And can anyone recommend a nice gp who actually cares. I am so worried about i cant sleep at night and all i want to do is help but i just dont know how. SOmetimes i am scared he well just give up and he trys so hard.
Thankyou somuch for any help or advice you can give me

Jank

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

I need advice please Empty Re: I need advice please

Post by jaffakiwi Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 am

It is so admirable how hard your son works and that you care so much and want to help him so badly. He's lucky to have you.

When I was in Wellington I had a very caring Doctor at the Plimmer Surgery in Plimmer Tower, central Wellington. Her name is Diane Hodges. I found her to be very compassionate.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Jank Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply. It is funny as he was so down yesterday i actually got him an appointmet at Plimmers towers and he went but i think the doctor he saw Dr Jackson. who he said was nice but had no idea about the medications he is on??? I will find out if the other doctor is still there and see if he can see her. Thankyou again for your help and advice i really appreciate it. Take care

Jank

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

I need advice please Empty .

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:11 am

your right ,your son needs close by understanding people..I have a few bipolar friends and there is a huge need for support at crucial times..try googling bipolar groups or similar support groups in Welly..I have heard Dianne is a great doctor with loads of empathy for people like your son she may take a call from you to talk about your son and suggest groups in the area..He sounds like a little support will go a long way..hopefully he will find a partner with similar attributes and understanding one day..an understanding partner is worth their weight in gold and can be a rock at the right times-good luck theres heaps of nice people out there just takes a bit of yacking and searching.. and cheers from the south Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:06 am

Big hugs to you mum.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to watch your son go through such loneliness.

I hope your son can find some support and an empathetic Dr.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down