The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day?

4 posters

Go down

Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day? Empty Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day?

Post by Sweetpea Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:42 am

What happens. Does it get better? Wasnt the greatest to start with - we come from both broken marriages two kids each. Jumped in boots and all and I was on an adrenalin high! Now the years of stress and abuse I have had since a tot has caught up. Partner and I have Totally different ways of parenting. Eating habits, shouldnt be a major but his kids are the fussiest and most boring eaters I have ever encountered. What happened to going out for a nice curry, or trying something new. No NO NO not an option!
- I have a son in remission from Cancer diagnosed at 7 - brain hemmorhage due to treatment 2 weeks later and for the last 8 years this has been hell. I have a daughter who has been thru hell and back with all his side effects including brain damage (hemmorhage). She is amazing but how on earth can partner get it I mean really get it or his kids. I struggle withtheir eating habits - their absolute demands on their dads which is normal but cos I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo messed up having just lost my mum to cancer - I nursed her and watched her slip away. I am on the verge of running Dr has given me meds and a label of a break down. Sweet - well now what. Counselling starts mon. All I want to do is run away with my kids and find myself again. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Any one else had similar. the meds at the mo are kinda working (sleeping pills are. ony have 2 more) Off Venlafaxine now and about to start Fluox again. Mental illness sadly runs in my family big time... I gotta make this pattern better. My darling kids deserve better. Crying or Very sad
Sweetpea
Sweetpea

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-09-06

Back to top Go down

Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day? Empty Re: Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day?

Post by jesusjeff Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:21 am

im hearing you..
Its hellish for you.two of my children were born with disabilities.
my eldest boy was continually in hospital.I know how hard it is to love someone whose needs turn your world on its head.The pressures broke my marrage and i had a break down.
It took me along time before i reached out for meds or counciling,so least you got that happening.
I really feel for you and wish i had some magic words to help.
*hug*

jesusjeff

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day? Empty Re: Relationships when one of you is completely out of balance and the other just trying to take each day?

Post by Maisie Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:30 am

Sometimes its better not to make huge decisions when you're in crisis. Try to keep things as simple as they can be. Is respite somewhere an option? Dont sweat the small stuff about what the kids do or dont eat. Changing meds can be so hard. You're in the worst of it probably though, youre off one med and yet to get the effects of the other. And coming off venlafaxine is an achievement in itself. Hang in there, it should get better, but what a lot youve been through, and going through. Take some time for yourself, have a coffee somewhere, find a tree to sit under, anything just so that you can take a breath and settle a bit.

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

How ae you doing sweetpea
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum