theworldsfastestsloth, Welcome

View previous topic View next topic Go down

theworldsfastestsloth, Welcome

Post by Paddy on Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Welcome to TBBD, TWFS and Thanks for choosing to join us and also, for your Posts.

Its good to see our place gaining new members, so I hope TBBD is of use to you.

Take Gentle Care, eh.

Paddy.
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: theworldsfastestsloth, Welcome

Post by theworldsfastestsloth on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Thanks Paddy. Glad to find somewhere I can visit for advice and other experiences.

Bit of a brief about myself. I'm 24 and been living in Auckland for about a year now.

I first discovered my depression almost ten years ago during my time at boarding school. Since then I have had some relapses, but generally know the triggers and ways to help myself out.

More recently, I have gone into another downward phase since I left a serious relationship and the loss of two family members to cancer in the space of about 2 months. I am recovering slowly, but it sometimes feels like one step forward, two steps back. I know I'm still a fair trek to go before I'm back to my usual confident self.

It's great to have this as much of my old support network are still in the South Island, limiting myself to phone calls and chats on Facebook. On the positive side, I have a group of my closest friends from down south coming up to visit me in Easter, so I can't wait!

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all on here and helping each other out.
theworldsfastestsloth

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by nzmum on Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:49 pm

hi there, welcome to the boards, i hope u find us a friendly bunch hehe im sure u will.

im very sorry about your recent loss's. I know sometimes it sure can feel like you say, one step forward and to steps backwards, main thing is to keep putting one foot in front of the other and eventually you wont take those steps backwards as often.

look forward to seing you around the boards.

nikki.

nzmum

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum