christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down

christmas

Post by tracelee3 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:52 pm

as this time of year being christmas getscloser gets more depressing no family wants to spend christmas with me not sure yet might be a day by myself

tracelee3

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: christmas

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:23 pm

Hey,

Some of the churches, city missions or sallies run a christmas lunch for those own their own. You have to book so they know how many they are catering for. It is a free but they do apprecite donations (a few gold coins, a couple of tins o food) to help their food bank and services which are streched over xmas.

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:03 am

yeah and they need volunteers so you could go on that basis if you like. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 am

traceelee

buy your own christmas cake, crackers, roast yerself a chicken, etc, play christmas carols and sing along invite someone you barely know, even if its a stranger in your building / street who looks like they're alone.

Choose your Christmas gift with care and thought about what YOU would like, go for it girl its only once a year.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:52 am

My friend does an orphans xmas. She invites randoms who have no family, are visiting the region etc and asks them for xmas lunch. There are a few regulars but you never know who will be there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:09 am

I hope I am allowed to drive again before Christmas otherwise someone is going to have to drive a long, long way to pick me up.
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JaeBee on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:32 am

We're going to be spending all day Xmas Eve and most of Xmas day driving around seeing everyone from both mine and my partners family.
I decided that if anyone else wants to see us they can come to us! So put the word out that we would be home Xmas day 4pm onwards and to drop in at anytime for a quiet catch up.... somehow this has esculated into a full on party. I am dreading it.
My partners brothers (x3) are known to get violent with anyone whenever they drink, my cousins are all hard-out drinkers/party people = bad mix. Im not a drinker (messes with meds) so I'll be the sober one out all night whippee.
Far from the quiet catch up I was hoping for.
I find events like this are major triggers for my "break downs" and I think it will be worse at my own house coz I won't be able to get away. I'm trying to be positive but you know how it is.

JaeBee

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 am

Jae Bee.. do you haves omewhere you can go at short notice if things get to be too much on the night...?

Back to top Go down

Post by JaeBee on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:30 am

Umm good question, I'd go to my mother inlaws place I think, its walking distance. I'd feel bad ditching a party at my own house but I'm not in a good space at the moment so if things do get too much it will definitely be best that I just leave rather than ending up all wound up on Xmas.

JaeBee

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:05 pm

yes.. she/they might like your company too, if they are home

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

Jaebee

Hope your OK and you had a fairly quiet little Christmas.

Love to you

Martine
And a Happy New Year.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top