The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hates Life

2 posters

Go down

Hates Life Empty Hates Life

Post by logical-cents Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 am

Hating everything at the moment. Low mood and thoughts of wanting to harm and no reason why that I can think of.

Sad Sad Sad Sad
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Hates Life Empty Re: Hates Life

Post by Paddy Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:38 am

Oh Sweetheart, thats a bit of a Bugger, isn't it, by jove.

Have you been able to put yourself through say, part of your (I gotta be careful I get the right word, I confuse easy, sigh) Martial (whew) Arts warmup routine or focus on some other point of that discipline which might help distract and lift your mood?

Sorry I've been so much outta the picture here recently - I've read and see you have a of potential options theoretically out there for next year and pressures and questions like those, LC, combined with more usual Decemberish stresses, would wear out a Saint.

Have you created any art recently? Or sewn and designed 'n stuff? Me neither, sigh. Although, I 'll give you a Link to a wee short story I wrote and posted on the TM Depression Support Thread in the Health Section of their MB - Hang on, I'll just go and find it, brb - right, back.

See how this goes - its kinda down the page, Message # 3743 it is, at http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=11943&p=75&topic=41

Silly, eh? But I did enjoy crafting it, and well, it didn't take long to write, ya know?

Do me a favour hon? Please? Cher, Bro(ess) Walk outside, stand still in the sunshine, close your eyes just for a moment, and take a big deep breath of that delightful summer evening air. Go on, I dare ya too, and look frankly, unless ya got allergies etc, or a Rolls Royce engine falls off a passing Jet Plane, it won't hurt. I'm going to, then I'm going to scratch where my hair used to be and try and figure out what culinary delight awaits me tonight.

Is cheese on toast 2 nights running, OK?

Take gentle care of my LC friend for me, or else! TBT will suffer Hates Life 565675

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:37 am

Thanks Paddy, now I've got tears in my eyes, won't allow myself to cry though, stupid really. I don't do the Martial Arts any more at the moment - can't afford it. Been for a walk out in the sun tonight, lifted my spirits a little but then they fell back down.

No haven't done any arty stuff for a while. Enjoyed your story thanks.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 am

Hey LC,

It sucks when finances stand in the way of doing things we enjoy and are good fr our mental, physical and spirital health.

*Puts on advocates hat*

Under the disability alloweance you can claim for alternative therapies which does include things like going to the gym, swimming pools and I bet you could make a case to WINZ that doing martial arts is of benifit to your health. What the procss is, that you go to your GP and ask if will sign the appliation and agrees that it will be of benifit to your well being.

Another thing that is under-utalised is a green-prescription. It is a prescription from you GP to do exercise. Your GP meakes a referall, you have an assesment and get given a mentior for 3-4 months to help you get out there and exercise. In Lower Hutt you get subsedised access to the pools and gyms. Not sure what you have access to in Hamilton. Might be worth asking your GP about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:06 am

Hmmmm.

According to TBT from when I torment her, tears in the eyes leading to a few more tears, can sometimes be a quite valid response and release.

She is right, because invariably it is moi with the tears in the eyes and that feckn cat biting or rabbit-kicking and raking me hand or arm with her claws. All just cos I tease her - hardly fair is it? No Paddy, it isn't, is it? cat Hates Life 565675

With your mind set on it, does it matter all that much that you practice at home rather in in a gym or hall or wherever? The money situation has gotta change for the more goddera eventually, and ya don't want to lose what you have gained from so much determination and repetition and discipline. do ya?

And it is the mind-set, innit, but thats OK, we can understand that, LC Hon.

But, being the wise old owl that I is and all and all, I wonder what would happen if you put yourself into your MA Outfit (feck, more words that I could just as easily have used wrongly, doh) and put yourself through an honest warm up and then warm down routine? At home somewhere that feels safe.

Followed by a lovely hot shower (or bath if poss) and then wrap yaself in ya dressing gown thingy (and other thingies as and if required etc), and sit back out on the porch with a mug of warm milk and then close ya eyes and enjoy the moment, hon Do you thunked it might suddenly feel worth the effort. ?

Nah?

Me neither just quietly, if tonight's not the night for it 'n all but thats only a let off for tonight, k? You can do that and you are wise enough to know how it may help, LC. Hates Life 944681

Paddy.

p.s. LC, don't forget you can tell me to shut up if I start to nag too much.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:11 am

well youve got me sold... at about the dressing gown on the porch bit...
martial arts ... I'll leave to LC. might put me back out!!...

how you doing today LC?

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks Ros, have been thinking about the green prescription over the last week and considering seeing Doc about it but wonder whether my psychiatrist could do it at well. Will probably leave it till next year now.

Paddy that is a good idea, just don't have the motivation at the moment to do it, I'm sure I might be able to manage a bath and hot milk on the front step though (as close as we have to a porch).

Still not doing so well Wowinnz, mood low, can't be bothered doing anything even though I know things need to be done, and I've gotta cook a roast tomorrow night for dinner coz we have some people coming over.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down