The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LIght behind the clouds

2 posters

Go down

LIght behind the clouds Empty LIght behind the clouds

Post by Nakake Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 am

I was diagnosed with severe depressiion after the birth of my first child at 21, and am now 38 and still struggling with my mental illness, and after 9 years in Australia I am ready to come home - I'm homesick! During my time in Australia I have had two hospital admissions, and changed medications twice, but have still managed to work. My family don't cope very well when I'm in crisis, so I'm not reallly sure what to expect when I get back to NZ.
Each day I'm getting a little better, and more hopeful for the future. I've got some phone numbers in Auckland that I can call for support services - are there any services that anyone can particularly recommend?
Any advice would be so much appreciated . . . sunny

Nakake

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-08-03

Back to top Go down

LIght behind the clouds Empty Re: LIght behind the clouds

Post by Books4NZ Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am

Hello.. and a warm welcome to TBBD.. :-)

Wow.. you're amazing to have been able to continue working through what you've experienced.. very hard to do that, though I guess it can give a focus on something that isn't depression and illness..

Good for you to be setting up support for yourself in NZ..

This link is to the Mental Health Foundation's resource finder section, for support groups, etc..

http://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/resourcefinder/listings/resource/73/support-groups/

I hope this helps.. let us know how you're doing.. take gentle care..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down