The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome PeterPam

4 posters

Go down

Welcome PeterPam Empty Welcome PeterPam

Post by ZenMonsta Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Great name! and lovely to have you join us. I hope you find the site as helpful as many of us here have. Enjoy!
There is a chat room on the home page too if you would like to join in......sometimes people dont realise its there lol!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Welcome PeterPam Empty Re: Welcome PeterPam

Post by Paddy Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:44 pm

PeterPam!

Welcome and Hi.

I'm so pleased you not only had a look round our site, but chose to join us as well. I hope you find it useful being here. Take care,

Pat.

Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:39 am

Thank you for the welcome. I feel a little bit like I shoud not be here. I don't suffer depression myself, however one of the most importmant people in my life does, sadly and I am here to learn and have more understanding. I have found there is not alot of support for those who are supporting someone they love with depression, so hopefully I may, at times get some helpful tips and support for myself, when times get tough and oh my god they soooo can.. Hugs to everyone, Pam

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:42 am

Oh hey Pam,

You certainly should be here. We all know how hard it is for those living with and supporting and unwell person. You need help to cope with what is happening to them and consequently you.

We have a few laughs here too so its not all doom and gloom and of course the support is awesome.

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 am

Here's the thing, I don't any longer live with this person. I have to say the most amazing person I have ever meet. Just over a year ago, when he decided he needed to go off his medication, cold turkey. without any help or advise from his doctor, our worlds fell apart. By the way, he just happened to be, just so happy, because of me and thats why he felt he didn't need medication. Pre this, our life was truley amazing. This is where I may get some flack, after about 3 months of this, I asked him to leave. At the time, being told that he didn't love me, cos he didn't even love himself, so how could he love me, was just so hard to cope with. If only I had the understanding that I have now, I would not have made that call. I am the only person he trusts to share, so I still see him about 3x a week

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by prozacmumma Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:22 am

Welcome PeterPam, I haven't been here long yet but like what I'm seeing already as I'm sure you will too. It's most reassuring to have some non judgemental friends & acquaintances & a safe place to spill occasionally.
I hope your week goes well and the sun shines for you..... sunny

prozacmumma

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:46 am

Tsk tsk tsk, Pam.

Take a look at our 'masthead' here at TBBD, my friend. It says:
"The Big Black Dog
It's for people living with depression and other mental illnesses."

Seems to me you qualify (sorry about that, its probably not something you'll want to highlight on your CV).

Why would you think you will get flack for the decision you made, Pam? I think thats a bit sad. No matter how much you feel for this man, your first duty of care is to you. You have to do what feels right and necessary for your continued wellbeing. It sounds like you're doing that, so good for you.

I don't have any real answers for you Pam, but as John Campbell from TV3 would say, 'By Golly it's lovely to have you here'.

Feel free to post whatever you need to, Pam. Maybe, some of what you say, will challenge the way some of us think, and vice versa. Thats what this place is good for, I hope. Take care and good luck for the future, whatever it may bring.

Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: