Given up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Given up

Post by jaffakiwi on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 am

What are you suppose to do when you've given up on life.

If you dont want to work. If you dont want to look after yourself. If your sick of trying.

If people won't let you die, what are you suppose to do?

I just wish I could sleep. All the time. I wish I didn't have to worry about whether I can pay rent next week, or what I'm going to eat. I wish I didn't contribute to our countries failing economy by being on a benefit. But the alternative is to be supported by my parents. But they don't deserve that, and I couldn't endure that.

And how do you not be a dissapoinment to everybody that expects you to function like a normal person.

I've had enough. I'd had enough a long time ago.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Given up

Post by peterpam on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Awww Jaffa,
My wish for you this morning would be, that you have woken slightly brighter and a little happier and I do hope that something lovely happens for you today. Sending you hugs in the hope that that will help yah. Take care, Pam

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Hello Jaffa, ..... So sorry you're feeling like you are .... It can seem soooo hard to climb up and out of the black pit .... Like Pam, I hope you're feeling a little brighter today.

Are you off meds? Has your type of depression been correctly identified?

I wish there was more I could say or do for you. I suppose we all feel like you do at some stage - some of us every day - some once a week. I understand your thoughts and feelings.

I would urge you to see your Dr or counsellor again.

Hugs for you, Daze
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:46 pm

Do you have any pets? Or are you able to get one where you are?
Having someone dependent on you for everything can be a great motivator, try telling a cat you don't want to get up to give her breakfast. And of course they're always there, content to lay in bed with you all day and soak up the warmth. Even fish, i have tropicals and can spend hours staring at them when i'm lost, something peaceful and mind clearing about watching them go about their business darting around the tank.

thats the only advice i have for anyone, hugs

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Hi JK

You have in the past when I was on here, helped me so much with your encouragement and advice, and continue to do. It is hard to crawl out of that horrible dark place. I can relate to "I've had enough. I'd had enough a long time ago" Like Daze, I want to also suggest that you contact your doctor and look into medication. I have those, I have had enough days, more so in the past, I had a long struggle with meds, and feel at times that this new med - is making a difference. I really feel for you JK

I hope you can open the curtains today. Mwha

Poetry flower flower flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Hey JK at times life just seems to suck, wish I knew the answers for you but I don't. PLEASE don't give up on yourself, you are a really special person and a good friend. The idea of a pet sounds really good, there is nothing like a pet to snuggle up to and to remind you how easy it is to make another creature happy.
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffakiwi on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks for your responses here. I did have a slightly better day today as I forced myself to have a workout. Will try and do that every day now.

I am on meds.. started 3 weeks ago on a new one called moclobemide. No bad side effects, but no noticable difference yet.

Getting a cat does sound like a good idea. But probably not appropriate for a beneficiary with no guaranteed income to invest in.

Will just keep on trucking. Thanks for the love here.

jaffakiwi

Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:32 pm

the cheapest way to get a cat is to adopt an adult one who desperately needs a home, there's thousands of them out there dumped off by their people. If you get one who's been desexed and in good nic then all you have to worry about is feeding and flea/worming a couple of times a year. Shame you're not closer or i'd send you one, we have enough 'extra' cats lol. But have a look on trademe if you're really considering it, there's always heaps needing homes. Plus there's pet medical insurance, which is only a couple of dollars a week and covers you for any unexpected accident/illness and associated vet bill.

Anyway hope the new med works out and starts having an effect soon Smile

moonskr

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 am

Dear Jaffa Kiwi

I am where you are at. The moclobemide does work for some people not for others. Give it 4 weeks and then go back to the doctor as you should be feeling a "shift" in your mood in 4 weeks.

Coming on here and reading others stories and even phoning the nice people at lifeline helps, they don't rush you or hurry you or try to solve your problems they let you go on as long as you want. I will say a Hail Mary for you tonight so that she will pray for you and me.

Love to you Martine and go to bed if you want to. I am a Registered Nurse and have given you permission. But come on here and talk your worries through every day or make contact with someone.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum