The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amirol for sleep?

5 posters

Go down

Amirol for sleep? Empty Amirol for sleep?

Post by _wizza_ Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:36 pm

(yes im still around lol)
i was at the dr a few weeks back and he has began to prescribe me amirol for sleep as he wants me off the sleeping pills.
I was a bit unsure at first but was told that the 20mgs would not effect my a/d's, im surprised to say that it actually works, just wondering of anyone else's dr has done this??
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Amirol for sleep? Empty Re: Amirol for sleep?

Post by becks Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:14 pm

afro Hi Wizza I take the same medication at night for sleep and it works brilliantly for me. In my opinion it is a much better substitute than sleeping tablets in that you don't feel so awful the next morning and unlike sleeping meds, it is not highly addictive. I wish I didn't have to take any medicine to aid sleeping. That would be a preferable option.
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:40 am

I'm taking a smaller dose than you Wizza, and I was unsure about how they'd work for me.
First one last night, and I had the best sleep I've had in months. No groggy feeling this morning unlike Zopiclone, no after taste either. Actually looking forward to bed tonight, rather than fearing having to lie there while my mind goes 100 miles an hour ALL night.
Sleep
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by traceylee Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:08 am

i find it hard to sleep to and my meds only one a day make me sleepy but not for long

traceylee

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:26 am

Had me fooled for a wee while, did that Medicine name. Then, the Lightbulb went on. (It didn't, I cheated 'n looked at the Professionals Data Sheets on medsafe)

Its Amitript - Amitriptyline .

The Medsafe Consumer Info Link to it is http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/a/amitrip.htm

I can't recall my experieinces on it sorry, it was too long ago, and too many other pills been under that bridge for the memory to keep track of them all. I wish I did now. A Meds Journal would have been a big help over the last 2 decades. Never mind.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down