Soon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Soon

Post by Paddy on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:03 am

I wont be able to say 'I'm in my 40's' cos it will be next year shortly and um, next year I won't be in my 40's for much of it; and I'm damn sure I'm not ready to be 50 yet. Mad

Thats sneaking up a bit faster than I anticipated, all things considered, hmmmm. Wink

I remember when ... Razz

Bugger, I'm so not ready to be 50; I'm still having quite a bit of fun being Nine again 'cos it wasn't a bundle of laughs first time around, lol. And when I've finished with being Nine again, I might see how it was being Seven - but 50? Nah, this kid aint nowhere near ready.

Not that it worries me, or bothers me, or is on my mind even for a moment, nooooo, not even for a moment. Bah Humbug. Razz

Thing is, I don't even really remember any 50 year olds whose roles I could follow. What the heck does one do with oneself, once one attains the age of 50? Feck.

Paddy.

P.S.
Go on, I know ya all busting to say something, anything, so ya can - this Thread is on me, lets see how good the teasing gets, eh? cheers
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: Soon

Post by Martine on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:09 am

Paddy u should know that I just turned the bit 50 in september. It aint easy I can tell you.

Waking up and realising you have to be sensible and responsible because you're meant to be a "mature adult" is galling.

But when you look for a role model well, they're just as much fecked as we are aren't they? Tiger Woods, Susan Sarandon, who'd want to be them?
Maybe we're just not as bad as we think we are. Love to you when you're birthday comes just make sure you have a cake. Everyone should have cake on their birthday.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:29 am

hey I loved Susan Saradon in the rocky horror picture show...

and you are only as old as your mind tells you - so get your mind to tell you that you are still 9, start doing cartwheels (in your head) and just relaxxx.

I think you are well, concerned about it as you have mentioned it several times here now,

mind you, i might be when I reach 50 in about 5 years time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 am

Ah dear.

Yes, I am as concerned about turning 50 as I am about my alleged male pattern baldness; and you will I trust, note my very realistic looking toupee, made at great expense from the clone of what was, my last 'real' hair. That, and fridge gunk, as the growth medium.

I don't think that turning 50 is gunna be all that hard, truth to tell. Pretty much like turning every and any age from 14 onwards, I'm picking. Its gunna hurt - but so does every other day.

So nope, I aint worried, ML - I was endeavouring to bring a tiny bit of light relief to the Message Board.
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum