The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose!

+5
peterpam
Paddy
Tracy
kathchris
Admin (Paddy)
9 posters

Go down

Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose! Empty Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose!

Post by Admin (Paddy) Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:38 am

Oh Dear.

You Beloved Leader lives, due to a variety of cups of tea with unpropitious leaves left on the sides, in um, a little 3 roomed Council Flat in Wellington Road Marton. One room is a bed room, one room is an ‘ablutions’ room and one room is everything else, including TBBD.
In the last 5 years, an elderly lady has already been murdered here, over her meds that a female addict wanted and took. The killing was not needed. Its not the fun place it might seem if you were to drive past at 50kph, say.

I have multiple disabilities including bi polar, OCD’s, multiple spinal injuries and spinal cord compression and sciatica and various numb or going numb bits. These days, I get around on a elbow crutch or two, or a mobility Scooter. Standing and walking both hurt and carry ‘risk’ of falls etc. Boring shit, I know. But that’s the background. Unaided, I can maybe walk 20m on a good day? That’s not a bad effort, but it is an effort, sigh.

Today, your Beloved Leader has been verbally threatened with death and other worsera outcomes by a recently released bantam cock neighbour whose last address was c/- HM Prison somewhere. Oh he’s a tough man, don’t doubt it. Very tough.

And I am NOT a tough person. I am a COWARD of the Highest Order, a once six foot 2” tall coward with mobility aids to move around and yeah, I was shaking a bit. But I said what needed to be said by someone here I reckon.

On tiptoes to almost reach the collar of me tee shirt, (‘k, so I was wobbling from terror, so he didn’t have a dead still target) he and his spittle told me he’s shot people, told me he’s done this and that (he was fairly accurate too, for an off the cuff CV recital) but he left out one thing I did know. ‘Cos I know people too and I’d heard several versions of the same story recently which seems to leave out a Chapter he chose not to include in today’s CV.

He interfered with his Niece when she was young and he went behind bars for it. Oh, done other real bad, real violent stuff since, but nah, Kiddie Fiddlers ain’t really terrified me since I stopped letting them a few years ago. So I told him that, amongst a few other things, including that ‘hey bro, your Nan must really be proud of her mokopuna, aye. A real credit, you are.’

Kiddie Fiddler don’t intimidate me. They may have other attributes which make me cack me tweeds as I wobble on the crutches (and he does) but oh no, I will not ever back down from confronting a known kiddie fiddler in my neighbourhood. I waited too long once before in the 1980’s and some children - some children who might not have been, were. So. I don’t back down now. If the bastard is out, the moment he lays a steel cap or a finger on me, he’s back in. I hope???

Anyway, here is the ‘File Note’ I wrote for my own memory, just afterwards, sigh. Feck. Big Mouth, small brain, huge yellow stripe down me broken back, Doh, dumb, Patrick, very dumb, Patrick. ‘Even for you, lad’ (that last bit has to said in my dead dads voice.)

Note:

At approximately 4.45pm today, 11 December 2009 I had a loud and verbally threatening face to face conversation with one of my neighbours, an Harawira Snowdon (Snowden?)

I live and have since Anzac Day 2008 at Flat Eight (Cool 393 Wellington Road Marton. I am a 49 year old disabled male who gets around on elbow crutches and an mobility scooter.

Harawira is a relative ‘newcomer’ to the Council Flats at 393 Wellington Road and he introduced himself to me as the tough persona, ‘Hari from Pare’ and I sorta understood what was supposedly being said.

He struts around during the day, steel caps sometimes, barefooted or sox others – a little bouncy bantam almost.

This afternoon, I noticed that instead of spending a lot of time ‘hanging around’, the footpath entrance from Wellington Road, he had a chair planted right in the gateway and it was thus obstructed. I am sure that as others needed to go past, he would move for them without a word, as indeed he did on my trip on the scooter to New World where I was served at ’16.44.39hrs.

I returned directly home up Wellington Road and noticed that maybe 40m or so before I reached the gate, Harawira got up and moved the chair to one side, on the grass. Thus, the gateway was not in any sense ‘blocked’.

So, when I reached the gate and started to turn in on my scooter, I stopped and started to talk by saying ‘Hey Good Choice moving mate, ‘cos its really isn’t the done thing to just sit n block the gateway, some people might feel I dunno, intimidated – I think its disrespectful to your neighbours; your’s isn’t the only Whare here.’

It kinda went downhill a bit then. I was verbally abused (I’m an ‘egg’, apparently, which is a shock to learn at the age of 49, thinking I was just a disabled bloke. An egg. I thanked him for the compliment). A few other pleasantries were offered, but they are not in my spell-check so I won’t use them here.

Subsequently, I have been back outside on my elbow crutches, quite deliberately, because I have the right to and this person came right into my collar space and spittle hit me and he was going to smash me and yeah look atchya, ya ya egg, ya’ shaking’ (to which I replied, well, why shouldn’t I shake – you’re you and I’m a disabled bloke being threatened. I was also warned by Harawira very loudly, several times, to ‘KEEP MY DOORS LOCKED’.

This was after I’d refused to touch him during ‘my walk’ on ‘our communal lawn’ and responded to his invitation to ‘take it out onto the street then’ – by doing exactly that. I walked from the lawn to the right side of the gate looking out at the road, and onto the footpath of Wellington Road. When asked what I was doing, said ‘taking up your invitation to walk out onto the footpath. Nice here, isn’t it? Then I explained I wasn’t intending to touch him so if he did the first touch, then it was assault.

Back on the lawn, we continued our chat and I was told how he was a killer and all sorts of things. I said ‘I know, I’ve heard. Quite fond of a Niece too, weren’t you?’ He turned very white in the face for a wee while and I hoped my sources had double- checked Wikipeadia

He didn’t touch me. But Harawira Snowdon (or Snowden) certainly threatened me with physical harm cos I’m an egg and he doesn’t give a fuck that I’m a cripple (which I said no, I suppose you don’t, really. I bet ya Nan must be really proud of you, eh?

The last I heard were the ‘Keep Your Doors Locked. I loudly told him that he was not invited into my flat and that any such entry would at the least, be an Act of Trespass.

Patrick James Quinn (Pat)
8/393 Wellington Road, Marton 4710

founder, site administrator,
The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room at www.tbbd.co.nz
it’s a very successful mental health peer support network and its mine and I ain’t losing my health to the like of Hari from Pare. I’ve fought too hard to be as well and as safe as I am, thanks.

So, if ya hear on TV that some loud mouth from Marton has been kicked to a little heap in the corner of a community garden, guess who they prolly mean?

I have told the Police tonight – I won’t instigate, but I won’t back down. I won’t commit the first assault but if I can, I’ll answer it. I won’t NOT use the paths and lawns and gardens here, despite it being clear I was not to according to the Bantam. I have also told Police and me mate Harawira that his act of so much as setting foot on or in my Flat 8 will be an act of Trespass (bet that scared him, cor!)

Patrick, you dumb arse. Why you mate.
TBT can knock you to the bloody ground, lad. I dunno, Lad. I really don’t. (makes 2 of us, dad.).

I guess why me is because I’m one of the youngest ‘straight’ tenants here and I can’t hide behind the older ones, cos the buggers have all ducked in behind my shadow for protection first. Nah Humbug. Damn. I just wanna quiet, safe life. Feck. Lip Stapling might be safer option, for you, Lad. (ta, dad).

Guess what? Its a civil matter - the police are a bit scared I think? I know the feeling, as do many many other tenants here. The Police think we should all have a talk around the table with folk from Council on Monday What a lovely, nonconfrontational idea.

Oh, I hope it happens, because well, I didn't alway used to be me. I had a career once and I was right at its pinnacle and then I relaxed my standards and went and worked as departmental head for 2 councils, heading um, their property departments. I do know a wee bit about tenancy laws and landlords obligations to other tenants etc. I might have a reporter as my 'support.' 'Cos the Council as landlord, has made a few bad choices this year. We already have a tinny house here in one of the flats (and the Police said they didn't know a thing about it. mmm, interesting, I thought.)

What is it? a time of peace and goodwill blah blah blah - not when there is a Kiddie Fiddler and thief in the mix. That cakes rotten at its core.

I suppose I should periodically check in at TBBD and confirm life still goes on? Ah, the joys of being a coward. Feck.

Have a lovely safe and fun weekend You Lot - just, no suddens bangs noises, eh? I is a bit on edge, I is.

Paddy affraid
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose! Empty Re: Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose!

Post by kathchris Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi Paddy are you still with us? Just checking on ya.

kathchris

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose! Empty Re: Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose!

Post by Tracy Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Hi Paddy..I am a newbie here who has come over from TM under the name of RickP but really MrsRickP!....you go boyfriend, you stand up for yourself. I live in a very low socio-economic area of Hamilton and I can relate a little to your situation. I too stand my ground in my "hood" but it can be hard sometimes. We choose to live here and it is one of the better neighbourhood we have lived in!
This guy sounds like a right plonker Razz with nothing better to do with his time than intimidate people and try and make them think he is the King! king
He sounds like he is all talk and no trousers!!
You take care of yourself and fight for what is your right!
Tracy flower

Tracy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:23 am

sorry, I am going to be blunt.

That guy must have a little dick, what a wanker who has something to prove.

Good on you Paddy, good on you.,

You keep the cops informed and tell them everytime you contact them you fear for your life.

Death threats ...hmmm used to get those when I worked at Social Welfare from gang members.... can the cops lay a trespass order on him now? Can you be granted funding for some security?

What a bastard he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:52 am

Still alive, still jumpy, still not backing down. 'Glares' came my way today. Fingers crossed, thats all that does.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 am

good to hear you are still with us..

not so good that you are intimidated in your own home.

What about the landlords, can they do anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:37 pm

Paddy,
I vote brave, very brave honey, you should be very proud of yourself. What a little coward he is and I'm betting this little peace of lowlife, knows it. I think that apart from the glares that he will give you, he will be any more of a problem because he will be feeling pretty disgusting and so he should. I imagine your wee mention of the niece, took the wind out of his sail. Hopefully he will move on soon, more than likely to his previous address and you can live in peace again my friend.
Way to go Paddy.
Take care, Pam

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 am

I love you hiya Pat

How are things with your new neighbour?

Have the council decided to remove the prick?

Why the hell was he allowed to move in there in the first place?

Wish we still lived by Hunters because I would have popped around with a few mates to have a meet and greet with Hari from Pare.

Take care...be kind to yourself
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Will Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 am

Paddy2 wrote:Still alive, still jumpy, still not backing down. 'Glares' came my way today. Fingers crossed, thats all that does.

Paddy.
Good on ya paddy - he still thinks he's inside by the sounds of it - like a little dog marking his territory mate - just pee harder and more on the patch (if you know what i mean) and watch him leave lol!!!
Will
Will

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:20 am

so whats the update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:35 am

Thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it folks, you've no idea.

Not a lot has changed, BUT I hear on the grapevine that the landlord (Council) has imposed a TWO PEOPLE ONLY AT A TIME' visitor rule on yon Tinny House. Feck, I bet that them frightened eh?

Just imagine all the hard work now needed to update their business, marketing and finacial planning since customer numbers are artificially limited like that. It seems a bit harsh, tsk tsk.

On a more positive note, I finally got a battery installed in me one and only smoke detector here. Its up real high on a pitched ceiling (2.8m up) and I've been asking the council since May last year - so, a Win at last. Woohoo.

No, it aint nice here. And no, I can't move away from this town 'cos if I do, the mobility scooter I currently have use of, has to be given back. Without electric feet, I'm about as much use as a dead parrot in a British commedy sketch. Dumb, or incredibly freakn stupid? You choose! 143605

Paddy
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:46 am

Well a dead parrot might be good for the feathers..... good dusters I hear.

good on the old smoke alarm - can they tame TBT too?

Two people only - sugar honey ice tea, what will you do when we come to visit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:19 am

Well, since I don't run, live at or visit the Tinny House, the 'Two Visitors at any one time there' rule doesn't apply to me, does it?

Which is just as well, 'cos two visitors at a time is often three too many, pffft. Mutter mutter, visitors. Bah Humbug.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:19 am

don't worry it wont be in the short term...maybe medium!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:03 am

Wow Paddy..

This is awful for you.. good for you for standing up to him..

You can get a non-trespass notice from a police station - complete it and have it delivered to him, or leave it at his unit.. keep a copy - and the Police keep a copy too. It doesn't cost anything to do..

Take the very best care of YOU.. and keep safe..
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:27 am

how's the wally today paddy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 am

Lol, I have absolutely no idea.

Believe it or, I don't go out of my way to 'watch' any of my neighbours - its all too much like a bad sopa opera here as it is.

If I 'survive' anything that warrants an update here, I shall do me bestest to share. Till then, live 'n let live, hopefully.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by GrandmaT Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm

My mother lives in exactly the same type of council flat. Fortunately for her she's not with it enough to notice the 'odd' comings and goings in her neighbourhood. I don't understand why places are rented out to people who are basically trouble and when said trouble happens they aren't booted out pronto?

GrandmaT

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 am

Well, this afternoon, we've had patched gang memmbers here; a female vs female punch up and lots of language that made me blush.

Fun, innit. And with my luck, I gotta 'nother 30-odd years here. Oh Joy.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 am

Only 30 Paddy? I would have thought 40??

I hope the cops were called, and the landlord!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:01 am

I heard today why our resident kiddie fiddler hasn't been seen here for a few days. Last week, the dad of a young lass here in town caught up with him and um, had a chat about 'things'.

Apparently he's not been released from Hospital yet - five days so far, so it musta been an intense conversation. Excellent.

I owe that man, whoever he is, a beer. Well done, mate.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 am

Very Happy so why the others turning up?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:19 am

I assume you're referring to the Gang and drugs issues here?

Thats a different matter altogether. Same block of flats, different people.

Fun, innit.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down