Ow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ow.

Post by Paddy on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:22 am

This permanent-pain shit is somewhat overrated in my humble opinion.

I dunno how but I guess I have to - get over it Paddy - its a fact of life buddy.

Yeah, I know but it 'urts, it really really does and the slightest movement leaves me feeling puffed and exhausted.

I've done over 35 years of this spinal injury shit and to be honest, the novelty is wearing just a wee bit thin at the moment. I'm glad I've got mental illnesses as well to help take me mind of stuff, eh? Feck, it hurts.

Replies are not needed -ya can say something if ya want to, but I'm just having a whinge 'cos I'm too sore to kick the cat - and she fights dirty, anyway.

Please just don't tell me its all mind over matter and I can find a happy space in amongst me pain, cos I've looked and it aint there. It just isn't right now. Bah Fecking Humbug.

Paddy.

P.S. I can't really bang my head like that, my back don't flex that much, pffft.

Last edited by Paddy2 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Re: Ow.

Post by logical-cents on Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:26 am

awww gentle hugs to you Paddy
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:34 am

Hugs to you Paddy and be as gentle with you as you can. Maybe you can send TBT to the shops tomorrow to get you some lufferly goldensyrup loaf to eat smoothered in nice, creamy, fattening butter. That may cheer you up some and soak up some of that pain.

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:05 pm

Morning Pat, very gentle hugs, see I can be careful. Just warmed up my lime green hottie for yah, passes Pat hottie, now that will make yah feels better and if BB can arrange that goldensyrup loaf, you'll be all sweet, fast as. Take care my friend.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelique on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 am

Hi Paddy yeah I understand its been 31 years last month since I injured my back in a train accident, I spent most of my working life on and off ACC. My son managed to injury his back at the same age so in for the same fun, he's just had emergency surgery on his. I don't know what its like not to feel pain or sciatica. Unfortunately, as you know there isn't an easy or simple way of taking that pain away and we're all different and not alot works really. Anyway all the best and I wish you well and hugs from me too.
Angelique

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by becks on Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Paddy
Sorry to hear about your frustration with pain..it's a bitch aint it! Sometimes it can feel overwhelming and if one was physically up to it (the irony is not lost) one could kick the shit out of a punching bag to relieve some of that anger and frustration. Razz Now that's my kind of 'pain maintenance'! Anyway Paddy, you have achieved in spite of dealing with the pain day- in and day-out over a long period of time. I and many others are so very grateful for you setting up TBBD. What you have done is immense and you have done this whilst having to deal with your own mental health issues and chronic pain. You are a star. Like a Star @ heaven Gentle hugs and pain healing vibes sending your way. flower I love you
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:56 am

Thanks, for your lovely words - reading your Posts has made me feel kinda special, which isn't a feeling I often attibute to myself, but don't worry, I aint got the energy to get Big Headed over it. Wink

Angelique, and every other person here with a chronic pain or whatever - Honestly, if I could them away from you and have them myself, even just for a day or two so you could have a break from it, I gladly would.

Because I know how it can be, and I'm just a bald old bloke living with a Bloody Tabby cat.

I don't have responsibilities, appointments, families to think and worry over, to feed or dress or de-nit, or whatever. I really don't know how some of you achieve the things that you do, and you leave me not only in your wake, but in awe of your everyday achievements. You Lot are the Stars here, truely.

When I get my own place, rather than exist in a wee council flat as I do know, I'm gunna get a car wreck, just a body shell minus all glass, interior etc. Why?

'Cos I have a very comfortable, nice-to-swing Fuller brand Hammer and a bit of Panel Bashing sounds like a good 'outlet', to me. It would get me outside, give me exercise in the fresh air and relieve some frustration and anger, etc. cheers

Take care, You Lot 'cos you really do inspire me and help me keep going - probably more than you realise. Thanks You.

Paddy.
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: